cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 Crashing When Running "Refresh Report Data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've run into an unusual issue with Crystal Reports and can't seem to get to the bottom of it.

The Server Environment:

Windows Server 2012R2

SQL Server 2012

SAP 9.0 PL14

Crystal Reports for SAP Business One 2013 (Latest version available for download from SAP)

The Process I'm Following:

Launch Report and Layout Manager from SAP Client

Drill down to the Sales Quotation (Items) Report

Click Edit (Report loads in Crystal Editor)

In Crystal goto Report > Refresh Report Data

Enter 1 for DocKey@ and 23 for DocEntryField@

Crystal informs me of changes to the tables and I click OK

Crystal Crashes

This issue happens regardless of which report is loaded so I know its not a situation of 1 bad report.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bump, anybody have any suggestions on this?  Has anybody else successfully run Crystal Reports for SAP Business One 2013 on Server 2012R2 in conjunction with SQL 2012?

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP note:

2055214 - Limitations of Crystal Reports for SAP Business One

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagarajan,

I appreciate the help however none of the scenarios listed in that note accurately describe the process I outlined in my original post.  I do see that item #2 discusses to being prompted for the @DocKey parameter and that is fine, it is after I provide the @DocKey parameter and the software attempts to generate the preview that Crystal Reports crashes.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagarajan,

Thank you for the assistance.  That tech doc does seem to describe the issue I'm having.  We have other customers running the same version of SAP and CR2013 on windows server 2008R2 and SQL 2008 without experiencing this issue which has me wondering if this problem is somehow related to Server 2012 R2 or SQL 2012.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per above SAP note, it is an application error. Please raise ticket to SAP support.