Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection rule to manage overdue itens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear FSCM Experts,

Please I need your help.

We have created a basic rule and a collection rule to handle items that have more than 5 days late (Days in Arrears by Net Due Date).

This rule is intended to bring only the customers who have overdue items with more than 5 days late (Days in Arrears by Net Due Date).

Here I have a doubt: beyond that rule reflect the Amount to be Collected  Is it possible to reflect the construction and exhibition of transaction UDM_SUPERVISOR?

Or does the transaction handle only customers who have open items (FBL5N), including credits and all open items (overdue and not overdue)?

Thank you all in advance,

Marcelo Garcia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

You should try research in the SCN by "rules_ collections" or something like that. And the results will brings many blogs, collaborative documents, wiki pages.

I'm sure there you can find the asnwer for your question. Also, search for some document that explains more about Collections.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

to confirm your aged debt report and your collection worklist may not be the same.

A customer will appear within a worklist if the BP meets a rule within the strategy of the collection group the BP is assigned to.

So if you have a Collection Strategy with your new rule, and assigned it to a BP - the BP will appear within the worklist if it has overdue items greater than 5 days - and it wont appear if it does not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Your answer is correct and I received the same reply from SAP.

However It is not exactly what I was expecting.

Anyway thank you for your help.   Thank you too, Joao Paulo.

Regards,

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

OK - perhaps you need a different approach to do what you want - or you are trying to use Collections Management for something it is not meant for.

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

These rules created aren't related with FI-AR, e.g: the FBL5N won't show more or less line items when these rules area defined.

When you run FDM_COLL_SEND_ITEMS program, the FI-AR send all line items to Collections. And depending of your rules, the Collections will divide this line items according the parameters you defined to show in the UDM_SUPERVISOR.

I don't remeber but I guess you can display the rules name or strategy for each line item in the UDM_SUPERVISOR. And then you'll see for each line item has the specific characteristic.

And this program should run at least one time per day.

Do I understand your requirement? Am I clear?

Please let me know.

JPA