cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is an intermittent holiday factor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to understand the attached PCR.  Time type Z172 is described as "Intermittent Holiday Factor", but what does that mean?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually we use time types to store values where in PCR ZW08 it is being queried and compared it with 0.01 i.e if Z172 is holding a value then check either it is greater than or less than 0.01 later it works according to the conditions.

Comes to the description it depends on the consultant and requirement what ever we want we can add as description to time types that can be used to identify the time type rather than description we have to know on what condition it is getting populated and why it is being used in PCR.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i understand that time types hold values and what not, but im trying to find out how the time type got the value that it does, which brought me to the question of what the time type meant.  If i understand why the time type holds that value, I can better analyze the rule, but the description of "Intermittent Holiday Factor", doesnt tell me what that means.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brown,

Time type Z172 is created before this PCR ZW08 in the time schema.

Giving one example might be helped you to understand the process but since it's tottaly depend upon client requirement and consultant design.

If any femaile employee works on the W/OFF and Public holiday then she will get 2 quota rather than male employee.

Now how we can design in the system that consulting design. We have to check that employee has worked on the W/OFF or P/H if it's yes then further we will check the employee is male or female. If employee is female then we will pass value 2 in the day time type or pass the value 1 in the day time type. Suppose daye time type is Z172. Now in the next pcr suppose in the ZW08 we will query day time type with comparison of 1. Then in the = we will pass the quota value 1 since it's for male employee and > we will pass 2 to the quota.

In this way we are using Z172 time type as a intermediatore to hold the query result of 1st pcr and helping the 2nd pcr for quota generation for W/OFF and P/H.

In this same kind of thing is designed there might be. Explore the schema with test case, i think you will get the answer of your query.

Thanks,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brown,

If it's answered please close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your query is answered you can close thread as well.

Regards

Venkatesh