cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 EAM Email Notification is not sending back from controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on GRC 10.1 SP6.In EAM(FireFighter) Email Notification is working one time from firefighter user to controller then after controller update email notification is not sending back firefighter user. We can able to see the request in inbox of FireFighter User and after update the request in inbox again email notification is not sending back to controller and it's only one time working from firefighter user to controller then after no email notifications.

email notification

firefighter user ->>Controller ( Working and it's working one time only)

Controller ->> firefighter user ( not working)

firefighter user ->> controller (not working)

Please help on it.

Thanks - Mir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

In EAM log review workflow below is the behavior of Email notifications.

Additional Information - If the controller wants more information from firefighter then he can forward the workitem to firefighter using this action. The firefighter will provide details in Note tab and then return it back to the Controller. Then the controller can further process the workitem. In this scenario event triggered will be as "FORWARD WITH RETURN"

Forward - If the controller wants to forward the workitem to any of the user or to any other controller in EAM then this option could be used. To use the option tick the checkbox "Forward" in Stage level task setting. When Firefighter controller forwards the request to another controller, even Triggered is just FORWARD.

Return - When Firefighter user checks his work inbox, he can see the log report and he need to enter the comments in the Notes section and he will have only one button "RETURN", so just clicks on it. Now request goes back to controller. Here even triggered is "RETURN"

Please check if you have below notification events maintained at controller stage.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Even i am facing the similar issue, i have maintained as the above in the notification settings at the Controller stage.

Also selected Forward in the Task settings.

When the Firefighter Controlllers sends back to the Firefihgter User for additonal information no notification is sent back to Controller and also after FF User updates the notes section and returns back the request no Notification is sent to the Controller.

For the event "Forward" can you advise which Template ID to be used, i have used the available escalation template and customized  document object for the same.

Your inputs is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sindhu

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu,

There is no standard template available for FORWARD and RETURN events in EAM log review workflow.

You need to create new notification templates in table GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and use it in GRFNVNOTIFYMSGC

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you very much for the reply.

I have resolved the above, , created a new template in both the tables and updated the workflow and seems to be working correctly for the Forward and the Return events.

I am unable to mark your reply as Correct Answer.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an other option you can also modify other templates for the log review like the rejection one.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I created a new message class in the table GRFNVNOTIFYMSG and added the templates created in SE61 and put everything in MSMP and FF logs are being forwarded to the controller but can't see the email in SOST for the forwarding....

Any feedback on the issue!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you check if the Notification settings with the event "New Work item" , "Forward", "Return" etc  is maintained in the stage of the MSMP path for the Firefighter.

Regards,

Sindhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the forward event is maintained with a corresponding notification template in MSMP