cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI Product Key Invalid or Expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to install Crystal Reports XI, downloaded from Crystal Report XI R2 is it available somewhere

An employee in our organization purchased a license for the program. He is no longer with the company and the program is no longer installed on the machine that he used. I have retrieved the key from the machine under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS\SUITE XI 4.0\XCELSIUS - this code causes an error upon installation "The product key is invalid or expired."

I also used the code on the paper sleeve containing the DVD, and received the same error.

I believe that one of the codes is valid, but am unsure which.

If it is relevant, I currently have the trial version for Crystal Reports 2013 installed on my Windows 7 machine (which is the machine that I am attempting to install XI on).

Is there a way to confirm the validity of the product keys that I have, or troubleshoot further on my end? I have searched for an not found cryptocme2.dll as indicated here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35901

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tyler,

CR XI's product key is under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Dev

The Keycode should be under 'Default'.

The key will work only with CR XI and CR XI R2 - not with higher versions.

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203168
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Reports XI R2 (11.5) was supported until June 2012. CR XI R2 is not out of support. SAP recommends you to upgrade/Install latest version of Crystal reports i.e., CR2013 which is compatible with BOBI 4.1.

As per your description "SUITE XI 4.0 ", means you are retriving the key for Crystal reports 2011 version which is compatible with BOBI 4.0.

Contact your SAP Account Manager or Call Customer Service on 866-681-3435 and check out if they can help for licensing.

--Praveen G