cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receipt recreate horizon how it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

we are having Receipt recreate  horizon in product master tab of ATP .how it is deleting already generated planned orders  when  i gone through F1 help below it says that

Definition

Defines a time period behind which receipt elements, created via Capable-to-Promise (CTP) or via a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) in the order network of the SAP liveCache, are ignored in during a new ATP check.

The time period consists of check date (today's date) and calendar days that you specify in the horizon for re-creating receipts.

Use

You have already performed CTP processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) and change the sales order in SAP R/3 (SD), for example. If the requirements date (material availability date) is later than the end of the horizon, then the system attempts to ignore the receipt elements created in a previous check (as long as their status allows this), and to create them within a new ATP check.

Dependencies

• You have set the Recreate Receipts indicator in the check instructions. In Customizing for Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), choose Global Availability Check (Global ATP Check) -> General Settings -> Maintain Check Instructions.
  • Creating receipt elements again within CTP processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) is only permitted for make-to-order production. In SAP R/3, make-to-order production can be controlled by means of the requirements type. The requirements type is determined, for example, by means of the MRP group and strategy group in the material master.
  • The receipt elements must have a status that allows deletion.

My question is ;

I have mantained receipt recreate horizon has 0 days in product master

If i create sales order and trigger gatp then I get required Receipt element (planned orders ).AND if i change qty and the requested date in sales order and again Re trigger GATP  I am getting new receipt element then what is use of Receipt recreate horizon  to mantain

thanks in advance

Regards

Virender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is because you have maintained it as "0" days. As the definition in F1 Help says, the purpose of receipt recreate horizon is that behind this horizon orders or receipt elements created are ignored during a new ATP check... I suggest you can test it in the Sandbox or test system - change the values and run checks to see how it is impacting the system... Thereby you will understand it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ear Expert

we are having Receipt recreate  horizon in product master tab of ATP .how it is deleting already generated planned orders  when  i gone through F1 help below it says that

Definition

Defines a time period behind which receipt elements, created via Capable-to-Promise (CTP) or via a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) in the order network of the SAP liveCache, are ignored in during a new ATP check.

The time period consists of check date (today's date) and calendar days that you specify in the horizon for re-creating receipts.

Use

You have already performed CTP processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) and change the sales order in SAP R/3 (SD), for example. If the requirements date (material availability date) is later than the end of the horizon, then the system attempts to ignore the receipt elements created in a previous check (as long as their status allows this), and to create them within a new ATP check.

Dependencies

• You have set the Recreate Receipts indicator in the check instructions. In Customizing for Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO), choose Global Availability Check (Global ATP Check) -> General Settings -> Maintain Check Instructions.
  • Creating receipt elements again within CTP processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) is only permitted for make-to-order production. In SAP R/3, make-to-order production can be controlled by means of the requirements type. The requirements type is determined, for example, by means of the MRP group and strategy group in the material master.

My question is ;

If i create sales order and trigger gatp then I get required Receipt element (planned orders ).AND if i change qty and the requested date in sales order and again Re trigger GATP  I am getting new receipt element then what is use of Receipt recreate horizon  to mantain

thanks in advance

Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

ear Expert

Definition

Defines a time period behind which receipt elements, created via Capable-to-Promise (CTP)or via a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) in the order network of the SAP liveCache, are ignored in during a new ATP check.

Use

Dependencies

• Creating receipt elements again within CTP processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check) is only permitted for make-to-order production. In SAP R/3, make-to-order production can be controlled by means of the requirements type. The requirements type is determined, for example, by means of the MRP groupand strategy group in the material master.

My question is ;

thanks in advance

Regards

Virender