Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for FSCM Multiple systems scenario

former_member206200
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We have a scenario to implement FSCM credit, collections and dispute management solution for our landscape comprising the following:

1. a 4.6c system
  2. a 4.7 system
  3. an ECC 5 system
  4. 2 ECC6 systems

I have documented my design, but would like to double check and rob minds with colleagues regarding the following areas/questions.

1. Business partner replication and synchronization: what is the best practice for the initial replication of customers in each of the different systems to business partners in the FSCM system? (a) for the initial creation, and (b) for on-going synchronization of new customers and changes to existing customers?
  2. Credit Management: what is the best practice for update of exposures from SD and FI-AR from each of the different systems? Should this be real-time for each transaction from SD and AR  (synchronous) or periodic, say once a day? (assuming we can control this in the BADI)
  3. Is there any particular point to note in dispute management?
  4. Any other general note regarding this scenario?

Thanks in advance. Comments appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206200
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Does anyone have helpful comments to the specific questions on this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess when you've the informations that the SAP can read and take some action, has to be asynchronous (from non-SAP to FSCM);

But when the credit analysis is done by non-SAP and like an 'Experian', SAP send the informations with invoices paid and not paid and this non-SAP group give a rate for this customer. All banks and big companies in the world does the same. And for this, you've the synchronous interface. This interface will updated the FSCM-CR (Credit), blocking or not the vendor, decreasing or increasing them limit amount to buy.

So, for these 1.000 sales orders, you'll have to think with PI in how to create an interface for this volume? What parameters SAP does has to check? There's an time interval to receive and send back? Will be a synchronous or asynchronous?

Contact your PI to help think in this information exchange.

Am I clear in your question?

JPA

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a lot of questions and answers. I don't if you already know, but to send the FI-AR line items to Collect, you've to run the FDM_COLL_SEND_ITEMS program;

To update BP personal data, BP --> Customer and Customer --> BP, you can run the MDS_LOAD_COCKPIT.

Check the discussion below:

JPA

former_member206200
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Joao for your comment,

But what I am looking are actually beyond the basics, and specific to each of the areas.

For example, in business partner replication, is it advisable to us UKMS when several systems are involved, even when there are no current overlapping number ranges so as to cater for future connections, especially connection of non-SAP systems to FSCM?

For update types, if there are more that 1000 sales orders per hour, which is best practice: synchronous or asynchronous update of exposures in credit management?

What are common mistakes to avoid in a multi-system scenario like the above?

etc, etc.