cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating service entry sheet due to material group deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon SAP Gurus,

We have an issue where our finance team member had deleted a material group 01 and created an alternative material group Z01.

Now our user who was not aware of this had created a purchase requisition (PR) earlier with material group 01,Some days later when he was finding difficulty in making Purchase order (PO) with reference to that PR we had asked him to change the material group in PO.

Now again he is facing problem of material group while making service entry sheet.

Here I want to know one thing when we have changed the material group in PO to Z01 then how come system is picking material group 01 in service entry sheet.I have checked in EKPO table too where material group for that PO is Z01.

Then how is system picking material group 01 in service entry sheet.

Please help me gurus how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logical flow of your issue cannot be correct.

If the material group 01 was deleted, then it is not possible to create a PR with this material group.

And without telling the exact error that you it is just guessing what the people can do. What hinders you to tell exactly what you get. The better info you provide then better are the answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PR was made on 28-11-2014.Then material group 01 was not deleted.

Deletion of material group took place on the 5th of this month.Now the user was making PO on 15-12-2014 referring to the PR made on 28-11-2014 where he was advised to change the material group to Z01.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the error message that you get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material/service group 01 does not exist

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same message should have appeared when the PO got created while the material group was already deleted. (you can try it now)

Does your PO have a material number? if yes, does this material still have the 01 as material group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

User was finding problem while making PO too thats when he changed the material group to z01.

It was a service PO so there was no material.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your PR is still with 01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my PR is still with 01.

So is system taking material group from PR ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It might be, because you have a link to this PR in your PO.

At least you have an inconsistency in your system.

You PR can never be archived since SAP is checking the existence of customizing at that time.

You are as well not able to change this PR, except you correct the material group at the same time.

Customizing must never be deleted if it was in use and still documents exist with that information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what is the solution to this.

How can I create a service entry sheet to this PO

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove the link to the PR.

Correct the material group in the PR.

Delete PO and PR and do a new one.