cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4.0 openDocument:please wait while the document is being processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the issue while opening the webi report  with JSP. please check below details.

BO Server: 4.0 SP10 patch2

when I open the webi report in a new window, that is ok.(http://serverIP:8080/BOE/OpenDocument.jsp)

but when I put this link to my custom JSP page, it's not working, always show: "please wait while the document is being processed"

eg. <iframe src="http://serverIP:8080/BOE/OpenDocument.jsp">

</iframe>

can anyone help on it? is it the issue for the patch?

regards,

warrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warrick,

I did a quick test on my BI 4.0 SP10 Patch2 machine and everything works fine.

I just created a simple html file and put the below lines in it:
<iframe src="http://localhost:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp">
</iframe>

and it works fine. So this is not a patch issue.

There might be something else in your jsp that is blocking the request.

Also I didn't understand how:(http://serverIP:8080/BOE/OpenDocument.jsp) works for you, because this is not the correct url and it gives me 404 error when directly ran on the browser.

Please try the above and see if it works for you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarsh,

I mean I can open the link as below:

<a href="http://localhost:8080/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp" target="_blank" />

but for this

</iframe>

it will show: "please wait while the document is being processed" all the time, no issue and not any other response.

And I tried to connect to another BO server, it is BO4.0 SP4 patch11, and above two ways can show the report.

cause our Prod Env is SP10 patch2, do you have any idea for this ? thanks in advance.

regards,

warrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warrick,

I tested the above on BO 4.0 SP10 Patch2 only and it works fine so the patch level is not a problem.

If you are using Tomcat, can you check the stderr.log file for any error that is coming from your application?

Also can you upload the complete code here to have a better understanding?

Regards,

Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarsh,

thanks for your quick response, just want to add a auto refresh function.

viewReport.jsp:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"

pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<title>View Report</title>

<body>

<div>

<input type="checkbox" id="autoCheck" onClick="enableSelect()" />Auto Refresh

<select id="autoRefresh" disabled="disabled" onChange="autoRefreshReport()">

<option value ="0">select duration</option>

<option value ="1">Refresh in 5 minutes</option>

<option value ="2">Refresh in 10 minutes</option>

</select>

</div>

<div id="reportDetailDiv">

<%@include file="/WEB-INF/jsp/reportDetail.jsp"%>

</div>

</body>

reportDetail.jsp:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"

pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<body>

<div >

</iframe>

</div>

</body>

regards,

warrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warrick,

I tested your application as well and it works fine on my BO 4.0 SP10 Patch2 machine. The issue you are facing might be because the time required by your report to open is more than the default time-out value for persistent HTTP connections in Internet Explorer.

You may have to increase the default time-out value for persistent HTTP connections in Internet Explorer if you are using a Web program that must communicate with Internet Explorer over the same TCP/IP socket after one idle minute. To change the default time-out value for persistent HTTP connections in Internet Explorer, add a DWORD value that is named KeepAliveTimeout to the following registry key, and then set its value data to the time (in milliseconds) that you want Internet Explorer to wait before resetting an idle connection:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings

To do this, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2.Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

3.On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4.Type KeepAliveTimeout, and then press ENTER.

5.On the Edit menu, click Modify.

6.Type the appropriate time-out value (in milliseconds), and then click OK. For example, to set the time-out value to two minutes, type 120000.

7.Restart Internet Explorer.

If you set the KeepAliveTimeout value to less than 60,000 (one minute), you may have problems communicating with Web servers that require persistent HTTP connections. For example, you may receive a "Page cannot be displayed" error message.

If you must have a KeepAliveTimeout value higher than 120000 (two minutes), you must create an additional registry key and set its value equal to the KeepAliveTimeout value that you want. The additional registry key is ServerInfoTimeout. It is a DWORD with a value (in milliseconds) and in the same location as KeepAliveTimeout.

For example, to use a three-minute KeepAliveTimeout value, you must create the following registry keys:

KeepAliveTimeout DWORD value 180000 (in milliseconds)

ServerInfoTimeout DWORD value 180000 (in milliseconds)

By default, HTTP 1.1 is enabled in Internet Explorer except when you establish an HTTP connection through a proxy server.

When HTTP 1.1 is enabled, HTTP connections remain open (or persistent) by default until the connection is idle for one minute or until the value that is specified by the KeepAliveTimeout value in the registry is reached. You can modify HTTP 1.1 settings in Internet Explorer by using the Advanced tab in the Internet Options dialog box.

If this also doesn't work, you might want to open a Support case to get the root cause of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarsh,

thanks for your help. But issue still exists........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warrick,

Please apply high level tracing on your OpenDocument Application and analyze the logs at the time of error.

I believe the request is being stuck somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the IE version you are using. Have you tried with any other browsers?

Try to set the cookies to the lowest level under Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings   as a test and let us know if changing the settings allows you to open the report in IFrame?

Thanks,

Prithvi

Message was edited by: Prithviraj Shekhawat

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

I tried in Chrome, IE10, IE8, can't show report in IFrame neither

Former Member
0 Kudos

also set the cookies to the lowest level, it's not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have tried using IE in compatibility view?

Also look for the product availability matrix to check for supported version of browsers as per your product version.

You would want to track the HTTP requests to check where the requests is getting blocked. You can use Fiddler debugger tool for the same.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prithvi,

thanks for your response, I just tried the IE in compatibility view, it's worked. and I didn't found any block in the program... do you have any idea? thanks in advance.

regards,

warrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarsh,

For the issue above, last few days I deployed the portal site to our BO server, the issue has been solved.

So there is a question, we must deploy the portal site in BO server??? can't deploy it to a independent server??? thanks in advance.