cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.4 does not start

0 Kudos

Hi,

After installing Design Studio 1.4 I get the following error message. Can anybody help?

I've Win7, 4GB RAM, Java 1.7, DS 1.4 32bit, IE 11,

Regards, Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try changing -Xmx1024m to -Xmx512m in the file below.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Design Studio\SapDesignStudio.ini

0 Kudos

Thx! Xmx512m did change anything ... now SapDesignStudioVM.exe ist running. But unfortunately DS itself does not start.

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

TTy changing the Maxpermsize to 256m also?

also restart pc and try if that didn't work.

0 Kudos

I tried it - unfortunateley same problem.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I had the same issue while opening Design Studio 1.4 in 32 bit OS. I thinks its because of the SAP JVM that is built in inside Design studio that causes the problem. Can you please try removing the highlighted lines below in the ini file?

Removing this line will make Design studio access the default Java installed in the system instead of using the one inside Design Studio itself.

Changing parameters like the ones mentioned in this blog helps a lot with stable functioning of the client tool.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varshini.

0 Kudos

Hi, Finally I found the problem:

1. On Win7 32bit it is necessary to set -Xmx512m in SapDesignStudio.ini
    On Win7 64bit default value (-Xmx1024m) works well.
  2. Mainproblem: My Win7 Userprofile - with a new profile, DS is starting! (with SapDesignStudioVM)

Thx for help!
Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

this resolved my issue. Thanks a ton for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Here's what Oracle's documentation has to say:

The ConsumeHeap fills up the Java heap and runs out of memory. Whenjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError is thrown, a heap dump file is created. In this case the file is 507MB and is created as java_pid2262.hprof in the current directory.

By default the heap dump is created in a file called java_pid pid .hprof in the working directory of the VM, as in the example above. You can specify an alternative file name or directory with the -XX:HeapDumpPath= option. For example -XX:HeapDumpPath=/disk2/dumps will cause the heap dump to be generated in the /disk2/dumps directory.

Hope this will clear your issue

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen, The java error disappeared after changing Xmx to Xmx512m. Now SapDesignStudioVM.exe is running but DS itself doesn't start ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply .

Can you please share your updated error log.

0 Kudos

Hi, I don't have an error log. After SapDesignStudioVM.exe has been started, DS tries 3 sec to start and then DS crashes ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

may i know your Java version-Bit? i.e(32bit/64bit)?

and also can you please share your SapDesignStudio.int !

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus - does it work if you try launching with another browser, like Chrome?

Could you look at the suggestions in this thread? http://scn.sap.com/thread/3665293

Unfortunately the old PAM links aren't working; for the 32 bit Design Studio 1.4 the PAM did show a JRE dependency; now the PAM links to a maintenance statement (not sure why)

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy, changing the browser didn't change anything.