cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delta deleted

0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to transfer data from a cube #1 in a cube #2 mode delta. And if the next time you boot in the request lacks a key value that was previously loaded into a cube #2, these values must be assigned zero (delete).

I think to use the following architecture,

KUB #1 -> DSO -> KUB #2

How can I arrange deletion of data in the target (cube #2) through 0recordmode?

I have to add a new key figure in the cube #2 - "delete flag"? But how to fill it?

Best Regards, Kuznetsov Pavel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuznetsov,

Record mode (0RECORDMODE) 'D' is used for deletion of a record. Only the key fields have to supplied.

However, it might be that standard functionality could lead to same result. In the context of InfoCubes I think of the loading option "delete of overlapping request".

Best regards,

Sander

0 Kudos

You are right. I just do not want to use the "delete of overlapping request" due to the fact that removal can not be run in parallel. My business scenario assumes a parallel removal at the same time.

So I decided to try to adjust mode "Delta".

Only here can not understand how the system recognize that the recording must be assigned 0RECORDMODE = 'D'??

Suppose the first unloading I have:

projectsum

second unload:

projectsum

in the end I should get:

projectsum

How do I configure 0RECORDMODE in order to record  "project" = 3 has been removed from the purpose of data??

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuznetsov,

It's a bit hard to have the full picture w/o knowing more details of your requirement. Generally speaking you probably have to build a transformation with ABAP logic where both source and target are the Intermediate DSO. This way you can analyze if deletions took place. Those deletions have to be uploaded to the Intermediate DSO with 0RECORDMODE = 'D' (key fields of the DSO are enough, other fields can be empty). This way the active table will show the right situation after activation and also will lead to a delta with deletions towards the second InfoCube.

I would suggest to add a Characteristic to the Intermediate DSO, e.g. a timestamp of last loading. I don't know if your uploads are done based using a fixed time period (e.g. last calendar month). This will then also have to be taken into account. The records which do not have the latest timestamp, were not present anymore in the last upload and will have to be deleted.

I hope that this approach makes sense.

Best regards,

Sander