cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD total function for System Variables which represent sub totals

robert_czik
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to add a Total to Cost Accounting Summary Report but I am having a problem as follows:

This is a PLD report (I do not use Crystal at the moment) and it shows a Sub Total per Cost Center (shown on a single line when the report is collapsed) but I need the total of ALL COST CENTERS. In the PLD report designer, the Cost Center Total is a System Variable and I cannot find a function that will create a SUM of these. I have Tried the ColSum("F_198") function but this is returning an error - F_198 is the relevant column for the Cost Center Total.

What I am trying to resolve is the fact that this report has no Grand Total adding all cost centers but also the fact that I do not know how to create a SUM of System variables in PLD.

Thank you

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try to add another formula field that equals to this F_198. Then summarize the new field.

It is only a suggestion.

Thanks,

Gordon

robert_czik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon

Can you please give me the syntax for this new field?

I have used F_198==F_198 in the repetitive area and summarised this in the End of report section but it did not give me the correct answer?

Thank you

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. That is no what I mean. I mean A field equal to F_198. Not F_198==F_198.

robert_czik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon

If I create a FORMULA field and use the following syntax,  ==(F_198) it gives me an error. Could you give me the correct syntax please?

Thank you

Robert

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this thread

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

robert_czik
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Nagarajan - The thread is relevant to System Variables but it does not answer the question as to how to add a Sum/Total for a column based on System Variables. The SAP reply only tells us NOT to play with System Variables (I was aware of this) but do not give a solution to the fact that in many PLD reports, they have forgotten to place Totals and we need a solution.

Thanks

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

The ColSum function, is the right function for creating a Summary.

You get an error because only fields in repetitive area can have sum or Avg.

Try to make a ColSum For Field "F_198" and be sure that your colSum field will be at the "End Of Report Area"

Best Regards,

Antonis

robert_czik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis

Thanks for your reply - I have done exactly what you suggested but the error is still there. Any other ideas? It does not treat F_198 as a standard column maybe because it is a SystemVariable. ?

I have had similar problems with other reports that contain System variables.

I am also puzzled why SAP do not include a TOTAL since it is essential to be able to compare to the Net Profit shown in the P&L.

Thanks

Robert