Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 1749935 & DBACOCKPIT::SAP Configuration Check

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my box has got SAP_BASIS 16 on ASE 15.7.0.131, do I must check note number 1749935 (SYB: Configuration Guide for SAP ASE 15.7) or DBACOCKPIT::SAP Configuration Check is enough?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gopal_ankitha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ganimede Dignan,

If my understanding is correct. Are you trying to configure the DBACOCKPIT

if Yes, use the SAP note 1539124 - SYB: Database Configuration for SAP applications on SAP ASE

Regards,

Ankitha

Ganimede-Dignan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry... the question is:

is note 1749935/1539124 parameters the same as DBACOCKPIT -> Configuration -> SAP Configuration Check?

... or there any parameters or settings that is only on notes?

Thank you.

gopal_ankitha
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think these checks are enough for you to set up the things. In future if you face any issue you can open an incident and we can take remote and help you fix up the issue.

Regards,

Ankitha

former_member187136
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganimede,

Can you please be specific what are the configurations that you are planning to configure through dbacockpit ?

If you are trying with the just primary configurations, I agree with ankitha as that fulfill all the basic configuration parameters, if you are looking further more let me know we have procedures for each and every additional configurations.

Also I request you to please go through the ASE Best practice for Business Source Application which explains more on DBA COCKPIT and ATM transactions setup.

Hope this helped your request?

Regards

Kiran Kumar A

SAP

former_member207908
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Parameters are same in the note and DBACOCKIT and you need to configure ASE as per the SAP note 1743395 INITIALLY and later (after monitoring the system for a week)reconfigure (mostly probably increase) according to your system needs.

80% problems do not occurs if the ASE is configured according to your application needs.

If you have any doubt in configuring ASE for a specific parameter, you can post the details

sp_monitorconfig "all" may help you for monitoring along with your ASE errorlog.

HTH

Rajesh