cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify signeddata in a Trans/conv file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to upload some information to the system that is stored in a flat file. the input file before any transformation is this:

ENTITY;CECO;ACCOUNT;TIME;CATEGORY;SIGNEDDATA

250;25000000;621300000;20121200;0;370.591,25

I am configuring the transformation like this:

DELIMITER=;

AMOUNTDECIMALPOINT=,

As you can see, the problem comes with the point in the signeddata value (signeddata=370.591,25) the system does not understand that sign so it throws an error ("SIGNEDDATA:370.591,25 is not a valid format data"). If I manually remove the point before uploading, it works fine, so the solution should be to remove that point.

I thought to use a conversión file to manipulate the value so I can remove that sign. At this point, I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to use JS in a conversion in the Microsoft platform? I read that is not possible to use it but I did not find any "official" text of SAP talking about this point. if I can use it, I think this should work: "JS:Number(Value.toString().replace(".",""));"

2) If I can't use JavaScript, I think I can use VB but reading the conversion file documentation I read this ("While VBA can be used successfully in some instances, we cannot guarantee it will work with BPC for Excel") so I don't know if this gonna work.

Any ideas of how can I remove that point in the conversion or transformation file?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

MS version does not support Javascript only VB function, use the string functions to clean your string.

You can do it also before to execute the import file.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (0)