SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO vs SLcM

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am working for a client where newjoiness/ freshers follow a student life cycle activities although they are employee to the company and paid stipend.

Another set of people(say executives/top/middle management ) only attend various online/mandatory/need based training.

We are able to map standard SAP LSO features for 2nd categories but facing challenges for 1st category(It involves Grading/CGPA based evaluation/assessment) not in LSO.

SLcM doesn't have any feature for content development/ test authoring tool like in LSO.  Both the products have their shortcomings.

We are not ready to buy another set of licenses for SLcM. However I need to know a comparative analysis in terms of feature for both of this product.

I am a SAP HCM with LSO Consultant and during my MBA from Sikkim Manipal University,India used SLcM as a student/end user.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Niladri

Regards,
Niladri Bihari Nayak
2 REPLIES 2

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Niladri,

Thanks for your message. To directly answer your question;

SAP SLcM is focused on the 'academic' side of education where LSO is purely focused on the 'corporate' side of education. With SLcM we serve typical 'academic' education institutions like private and public universities to manage the 'student lifecycle' where LSO is serving corporate companies to manage all around the requirements around training of employees.

Even though SLcM and LSO are sharing elements from HR (OM, TEM, HR/PD framework) SLcM is having it's own cycle of processes to manage students from admission to graduation. The management of courses and classes goes way deeper then in LSO and is linked with key academic processes like (advanced) grading processes, advising, progression runs, GPA/PI capabilities, degree audit runs, etc etc.

LSO is completely built around the management of the 'P' employee and integrated with the HCM (talent management) suite, SLcM is built around the 'ST' student and is having it's own set of features and functions to come work towards the end-goal; a degree for student (a graduated student).

Hope this helps.

Rob.

0 Kudos

Well explained Rob... Thank you very much !!!

Regards,

Niladri

Regards,
Niladri Bihari Nayak