cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quantity of the variant object get change with the types

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

my company manufacture charger.it contain 74 compts. among them 5 is get assemble itself in the company.rest of the  component we procure from 10 vendors . each of the compt. except 5 component which we assemble in the company contain 100 types which we procure from vendor and quant is keep on changing with the type .how can we map in vc .and one more problem with assemble component.i give a example below.charger contain

below 5 component which we assemble in the company

Charger(fert)

Component

1.transformer

2.module

3.dc chowk

4.snubber

5.line surge.

I start with transformer

it contain below component

component                                                 qty

1.core strip 40-70mm

2.wire copper 14swg(std. wire guage)

3.ms fabricated angle and m/c

4. ms stud 1/2"x375mm

5.frp material

6.gasket sheet champion1/6"

7.glass tape1"x5milx50mts.

8.cotton tape 5mil 1"

problem is that..core strip has multiple sizes like 40-100mm,40-110mm,40-150mm,40-65mm,40-70mm,30-60mm like that it has 30 ranges. if I take 40-100mm so qty will be 65kg like that qty get vary with the type.and more problem with ms stud it has 500 size. so every time transformer bom will get change according to type selection of the compnts.this problem associated with all material of the chargers. how should I map this requirement in vc ..I am new in vc.& I have gone through all the doc. which have been uploaded in scn. but I dint get clear picture if it. please help me out.

Regards,

Meraj ansari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meraj,

Thanks for posting a separate thread.

My suggestion would be Nested KMATs (i.e. KMAT in a KMAT):

Make Charger as Configurable FERT and create a Super BOM which would contain all 74 components including 5 assemblies viz. transformer, DC Chowk etc.

Make all 5 assemblies also as KMAT or Configurable FERT (depends as to how you want to treat assemblies) and create characteristics of each assembly based on their components.

Each assembly will have their own Super BOM (which would contain their components).

For eg. in case of transformer, it's super BOM would contain

Header: Transformer

Corestrip 40-70 mm > Qty 65 Kg

Corestrip 40-100 mm > Qty 70 Kg

Corestrip 40-65 mm > Qty 80 Kg

MS Stud 1/2" X 375mm > Qty 12 Kg

MS Stud 1/4" X 370 mm > Qty 15Kg

While main super BOM would like this:

Main component: Charger

BOM components

1. Component 1

2. Component 2

3. .........

4. .........

5. Transformer (Assembly)

6. .........

7. MS Stud 1/2" X 375 (Assembly)

8. ......

9. ......

Write an object dependency (selection condition) to pick up the component based on characteristic value (which can be their sizes). For eg, create one of characteristic 'CORESTRIP' for corestrip and define values as their sizes (viz. 40-70 mm, 40-150 mm,..so on. Similarly for MS Stud, create a characteristic 'MSSTUD'  and define the characteristic values and so on....

I would like to know if the material numbers are different for different sizes or same within corestrip, MS stud etc..

Kindly revert back to us if any further information is required.

Regards

SD

Message was edited by: Samier Danish

0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

thanks you for quick reply. I am facing more problem with components of the  transformer. Actually it contain 20 component name below.

1.core strip 40-70mm,40-60mm, like it goes to 200 sizes.

2.ms fabricated angle&channel

3.ms stude 1/2"x375mm,1/2"x390mm.....like it goes to 500 sizes

4.gasket sheet champion 1/16"........lapox.it is has 3 size name 1/8",1/32" but quantity is not fixed .qty is very from100gm,200gm,300gm....so on till 10kg  variation of this quantity will be same for other sizes.

5.glass tape 1x5mil,5milx1-1/2", and 5millx2"...it has only three type but again qty is very from1,2,3,4,5.....15 roll this variation associate with other sizes

6.lapox.....but qnty.variation start with10gm,15gm,20gm,25,gm......till 1kg

like till 20 component if create component of each sizes so no. of component will become

5000. so it would be overload to the system. how the component will be exploded.and how it will get selected during sales order.and how the selection will go to 3rd level of the BOM

please help me out

Regards,

Meraj ansari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meraj,

As I understood, CHARGER is your main material which is FERT. Within charger, there is a component called TRANSFORMER which again contains 20 components and these components have variations based on their sizes.

First of all, do all sizes of a component has different material numbers. For e.g., Material number of Corestrip 40-70 mm is same as that of Corestrip 40-65 mm?

I'll not talk of BOM of CHARGER since you might have already created it with one of the components as transformer, right?

You need to do following:

1. Create a super-BOM for transformer which would contain all variations of it's 20 components with respective quantities.

2. Based on your requirement, make TRANSFORMER as Configurable-FERT and create characteristics for CORESTRIP, MS STUD etc....with values as their respective sizes.

3. Write selection conditions to fetch the respective components based on size selected from characteristic value i.e. if in characteristic CORESTRIP, value '40-75mm' is selected, that BOM component will only come in sales order.

If you are still not able to understand, please contact me over mail in my SCN profile to take it further.

This is quite complex scenario

Regards

SD

0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your quick reply .I understand what ever you have explained to me.but if I create material master of each component according to their sizes so  it will overload to sap system .and sap system may slow. And one more thing is that while creating a sales order. end user may become confused while selecting the size of the component of each component .pleases let me know to solve it

Regards,

Meraj Ansari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meraj,

This is how Variant configuration works.

You may wait for replies from other experts who may provide you a better solution.

I can't provide you a more favorable reply than this.

Regards

SD

0 Kudos

Hi Danish,

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Meraj Ansari

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

If I change the Bom component quantity by cs02  every time so it will reflect the component quantity in to the sales order while creating it.

example in the transformer.it contain 20 components

cu strip is the one of the component.an it has 600 sizes like cu strip 7.90x100mm,8.20x50mm so on...

and I have created 600 components of the cu strips according to sizes and I fixed quantity each of them as 1 kg. but quantity will be vary each time of each size according to the calculation

my query is that if I change the cu strip quantity according to the sizes each time according to the calculation manually through cs02 in transformer bom so quantity will reflect what ever I have made changes in transformer bom into the sales order while creating it 

please help me out

Regards,

Meraj Ahmad

Answers (0)