SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sale article in SAP UPC code and same UOM-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  come across one scenario deal below:-

I have an apple  article A ( Fresh)  price -$10 /kg sale at first day

Same apple I want  to sale on  Price  -$7.00/kg as it is not fresh. (Second Day) . In the rack I have fresh Apple A  which has price of  $10/kg

How we handle the same in POS   and SAP retails.

Is price list works for  same ? If its please elaborate.

Looking for  your response  ASAP. Thanks - Sanjay Rahangdale

4 REPLIES 4

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

There are different ways to handle this scenario.

1.If you are handling the price reduction centrally you may use a promotion to reduce the price and send it down to POS.

2.You may also use Markdown planning to reduce and straight away send the reduced price

3.Else there are ways like price embedded barcode through which you can reduce the price at POS and sell it at a discounted price.

4.You can have a price override triggered for this article when its scanned(through barcodes) however not sure what kind of POS you are using.

Thanks,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Thanks Aram for quick response. Please elaborate the same. As my scenario is same article I am selling in  original price and discount price ( as it being not fresh)- If do you have scenario please share the inputs along with documents.

As per the POS is concern it  can  be WINCORE solution. Looking ahead for your response

Thanks & regards

Sanjay Rahangdale

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can easily have dual MRP for the Same Article/Same UPC, Only when the validity periods are different so that you can use VKP0 with different prices for different validity and send it to POS using COND_A or even WBBDLD(which takes VKP0 as a default condition type).You can send the price change but there will be only one price that can be even stored at the POS level for a given date/time in the store.

However i am afraid you can use the above approach as you are intending to sell the same article/same UPC at the same time in the store with different prices which according to me may not be achieveable from an SAP Retail standard perspective as Central ERP system will not have visibility of how many articles are fresh and how many are not.

Depending on the features of POS,there may be an option to print price embedded barcodes with a reduced price and tag it - like pack all those article that are not fresh and sell it a reduced price, or manually override the price at the POS for those articles that are not fresh(for which there must be a supervisor intervention at the POS depending on the authorisation limit set at the POS system)

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

As mentioned above, you can use mark-down planning to reduce the original price with a discounted price.

Alternatively, we had same scenario for fresh products, what we used to do is generate an internal fresh barcode and download by WP_EAN barcode during outbound. For all the product which are 1 day old should be pasted with old barcode.

Next business day, fresh product will have original barcode and 1 day old product will have an internal barcode. Since both barcodes are different, POS will recognize them separately. We were using custom price condition type to define sales price EAN wise to cater this and download them to POS by COND_A IDoc.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit