cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Nakisa Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Despite all the documents out there, I'm still confused how Nakisa landscape works.

I've checked the environment Checklist, master guide, Abap Add-on documentation, etc, but can't seem to grasp the technical landscape.

So I'll ask simple questions:

1) Is it ABAP / Java Stack?

2) I know there's ABAP add-on for ECC, where can I download this? Because all I find is the *.sca file (java)

3) Do I need  to install additional SAP NetWeaver?

4) Where can I download latest documentation for Nakisa 4.1? I've downloaded the installation file (zip file which contains *.sca and folder documents, but can't find installation guide)

Thanks much!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My responses would be:

Java stack only is required on the NW instance hosting Nakisa's SOVN/STVN applications.

2) I know there's ABAP add-on for ECC, where can I download this? Because all I find is the *.sca file (java)

The ZIP download should also contain the Transport Package (TP) and ECC ABAP Add-On that are needed to be installed on the ECC backend.  Latest version on GA is 4.1 SP2. Next version 4.3 is due out any day (I had thought Dec 2014 but that date has passed!)

You need a SAP NW instance with Java stack installed to host the SOVN/STVN application(s).  If you have a suitable NW instance (NetWeaver CE 7.2, NetWeaver 7.3, or NetWeaver 7.4) in your env already then you can use this ... although be sure to size appropriately.

4) Where can I download latest documentation for Nakisa 4.1? I've downloaded the installation file (zip file which contains *.sca and folder documents, but can't find installation guide)

Documents should be in the ZIP file.

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for clarifying things up.

Regards,

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby

Also going to start installing here ..Can you email me the database setup on the SAP NW system

Is it MCOD.. I am going to install the nakissa apps on my portal 7.3 system

Morgs2u@yahoo.com

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have installed the Transport Package TP and the Add-on on the ECC 6.0 System

In saint it shows Nakisa  410_702_RF..

I am Just completed a Standard Netweaver7.4 Java oracle Installation.

Want to use Nakisa 4.1 software and  host the Modules Nakisa Organizational Viewer.. . From A basis side. what is next  and is their perhaps a step by step procedure on configuring.

Must use the deployment guide after Net weaver Java install is completed ???

I checked the TRANSPORT package DOCUMENT. and all it tells us to do there, is to check the ffg

Se11 - check tables info types..etc

se37 - verify function modules

ooaw - Verify Evaluation paths

sM31 And SM34 - verify HR-OCI  Configuration

and verify that alld ata was imported..

Also in the Add-on Install guide we should just check all the methods and programs using SE80

I also read that we must setup a separate nakisa oracle db on the new Netweaver oracle java system we just installed .. Must we install another database (mcod) ..

Thereafter From a basis side.. we should Deploy Nakisa Components

Is this all Basis Tasks

Appreciate any Help

Thanks

Morgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bobby Gunawan,

Good day to you.

Before we start implementation Nakisa we have document call Checklist document given by consultant.

-  yes ABAP need to be upgrade

- can download from OSS

- SAP Neatweaver based on ABAP add -onn.

- *.SCA file can download from OSS

Below the step for Deploy Nakisa:-

Install Abap Add-On -> Install Transport Pack -> Deploy SCA files on Neatwweaver -> Start the application in web-browser->Upload Serial File -> Perform out-of-box configuration and check performance

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I want to clarify.

You mention *.sca, which means it is based on AS Java.

I'm not sure, but I need someone to validate my theory:

• ABAP add-on should be installed on SAP ECC (HR) system.
  • Additional SAP NetWeaver AS Java should be installed to deploy *.sca file (nakisa deployment).

And no ABAP add-on can be found in service marketplace, as I mentioned.

SAP Solution Extensions by Partners --> Nakisa software (STVN and SOVN) --> only SCA files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bobby,

Nakisa apps are java based (.sca) so need to be deployed on netweaver. if you already have netweaver installed and version is 7.3 or more then you can deploy sca file on existing netweaver.

otherwise you need to install netweaver CE to deploy sca file.

ABAP add-on and transport packs need to be deployed on SAP ECC system so nakisa java app can pull data from ECC system and display in java app.

I hope this will give you high level idea where app runs and how it integrates with SAP ECC system.

when you download zip from service market place, it should have sca file, ABAP add on, transport pack and required guides as well. you need to go in the right folders.

Please make sure to follow pre-requisites and checklist before starting work.

In case if anything is not clear please ask, I will try to provide you right info asap.

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Hardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Which version of OrgChart and TalentHubHRExec application did you plan to deploy?

Di.  The ABAP add-on version and Nakisa application version must match. For example, Nakisa OrgChart 4.1 will not function if the 4.0 ABAP add-on was installed.

Below is the screen shot for Nakisa OrgChart 4.1 your reference:

Regards

Mohamad Firhad Samuri

steven_pelser
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

The 7.3 SAP NW stack system.. can this be installed on the our portal 7.3

So what I am asking is that we can host our Nakisa SOVN application on the portal ?

User base about 100 users

Also the database  - do we install a mcod db on the portal i.e

read  for oracle... that there is a conflict between database instance property NLS_LENGHT_SEMANTICS value that is required by SAP NW (BYTE)  compared to that required of the VSN application (CHAR).Host your database separate to that Being used by  SAPNW