Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW - IP - Calender Day as Input Key figure

saqib_dastgeer2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Actually I am working on a planning app and currently creating an input ready query. My requirement is to create an input ready query in which I can plan the dates against the document numbers. Everything is fine and working. but I just need to know that how can I take a calender day as a key figure (input) in the cell. As far as I know, DAT type key figure is not supported by SAP IP. Kindly tell me any work around so I can finish this assignment.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can use 3 separate KF - first for a day, second for a month and the last for a year.

For each one you can set a validations (for example month must be from 1 to 12 etc.).

I know that it isn't convenient at all using 3 KF, but guess that's the only way to solve it ...

BR,

saqib_dastgeer2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andrey...

Thank you for your reply. I also considered this option and I was thinking of following it but I found another way to resolve this. Mentioning it here so if it can help someone else too. I just created an inverse formula and use the formula which converts value to dates. Hide the actual KF and now user can easily input dates.

Thanks & Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saqib,

could you please give some more detail on ow exactly you did this?

In what field does the user enter his date? How do the formula & inverse formula look like?

Thanks & Regards