cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system cannot find the path specified---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Wish you a Happy New Year..

Í'm facing a breaker here. I tried to refresh a crystal report via RAS SDK. I got the below error..

The system cannot find the path specified---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

So i just referred the RAS Log generated and below is what i found.

../cdtsagent.cpp (3321)

COM: 0x80070003

The system cannot find the path specified. -- detail msg end -->

ErrorLog 2015  1  2  6:46:49.392 26787 1062 (XBBKLME:267) (../reporthandler.cpp:12471): CReportHandler::buildReportViewerError: CSResultException thrown.   ErrorSrc:"CRPE" FileName:"../reporthandler.cpp" LineNum:12467 ErrorCode:515 ErrorMsg:"This field name is not known.

Error in File {72A288FD-8118-11E4-90BA-005056B20305}.rpt:

Error in formula  FRM_Total_Matches:

'//{#RT_System_Matched_ST}+{#RT_Manual_Match_ST}

This field name is not known.

Details: errorKind" DetailedErrorMsg:""

ErrorLog 2015  1  2  6:46:49.568 26787 1062 (XBBKLME:267) (../cdtsagent.cpp:3323): CDTSagent::doOneRequest reqId=134: <-- detail msg begin -- Analysis Server: 0x80004005

But the above field is validated and report works good when you refresh from Infoview with any custom DB connection.

Scenario appears like ,  If the custom DB configuration of crystal report is similar to the DB i want to connect , report output gets generated. Else it shoots the above error in log..

Awaiting your help guys..

Thanks,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

What is the BO Product version you are using?

Are you using replaceConnection() method of RAS sdks to change the database connection while viewing the reports?

If yes, what hapens when you oint your report to the same database from CR designer which throws you the error from the code

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prithvi ,

I'm using BO XI 3.1 .

And Yes I'm using ReplaceConnection ( code below that i use to change DB connection)

// read initial connection info from SP based report.

ConnectionInfos conns = reportClientDoc.getDatabaseController().getConnectionInfos(null);
IConnectionInfo oldConnInfo = conns.getConnectionInfo(0);

// Modify conninfo during runtime applicable for current env

PropertyBag newLogon = new PropertyBag();
newLogon.putStringValue("Server", dbService);
newLogon.putBooleanValue("Trusted_Connection", false);
PropertyBag newAttrib = new PropertyBag();
newAttrib.putStringValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_CRQE_DATABASETYPE, "Oracle Server");
newAttrib.putBooleanValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_SSO_ENABLED, false);
newAttrib.putStringValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_DATABASE_DLL, "crdb_oracle.dll");
newAttrib.putStringValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_CRQE_DATABASENAME, "");
newAttrib.put(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_CRQE_LOGONPROPERTIES, newLogon);
newAttrib.putBooleanValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_CRQE_SQLDB, false);
newAttrib.putStringValue(PropertyBagHelper.CONNINFO_CRQE_SERVERDESCRIPTION, "Modified description");

IConnectionInfo newConnInfo = new ConnectionInfo();
newConnInfo.setAttributes(newAttrib);
newConnInfo.setUserName(dbUser);
newConnInfo.setPassword(dbPass);

// Replace the conninfo at runtime
System.out.println("attributes before change : " + oldConnInfo.getAttributes());
System.out.println("attributes after change : " + newConnInfo.getAttributes());
reportClientDoc.getDatabaseController().replaceConnection(oldConnInfo, newConnInfo, null, DBOptions._useDefault);

When i try to refresh from CR designer , it runs completely fine with any DB Connection. Its very weird.

Any ideas? Am i missing anything in the code?

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

In replace connection method. Use DBOptions._doNotVerifyDB.

Test and let me know if you get the same error?

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Prithvi.. Thanks for the Heads up..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prithvi,

It seems to work. I'm gonna give test run to all reports and let you know .. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prithvi,

I'm facing the scenario with few reports with different error "Failed to retrieve data from Database". But the same connection works with both Infoview & CR designer.  I've pasted the RAS log below. Need your help.

../cdtsagent.cpp (3321)
The system cannot find the path specified. -- detail msg end -->
ErrorLog 2015  1  6  2:43:17.516 16024 1370 (XBBJ4ND:350) (../reporthandler.cpp:12471): CReportHandler::buildReportViewerError: CSResultException thrown.   ErrorSrc:"CRPE" FileName:"../reporthandler.cpp" LineNum:12467 ErrorCode:723 ErrorMsg:"Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Failed to export the report. the database.
Error in File {737CE39C-8118-11E4-8204-005056B20302}.rpt:
Failed to retrieve data from the database.
Details:  [Database Vendor Code: 936 ]" DetailedErrorMsg:""
ErrorLog 2015  1  6  2:43:17.729 16024 1370 (XBBJ4ND:350) (../cdtsagent.cpp:3323): CDTSagent::doOneRequest reqId=134: <-- detail msg begin -- Analysis Server: 0x80004005

../cdtsagent.cpp (3321)
The system cannot find the path specified. -- detail msg end

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the non working reports, check verify on first refresh option and test.

In CR Designer, Go to File--> Report Options

Check the Verify on First Refresh option. Save the report back to enterprise and test it. Do the test for a single report first.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prithvi,

Verify on First Refresh option is already checked. Any other options i need to set?

Thanks,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you setting any parameters for your report before changing the database connection from your code?

You would need to check that the names should match in the new database. Please consider the case of parameter names.

Check the below link to understand about the error msg you getting.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/errors/12/0/en/html/topic180.html

Thanks,

Prithvi

Answers (0)