cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we get Reports layout information in SAP BO 4.1 API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi can any one please tell how we can get reports and tabs layout information in SAP 4.1 Java API

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse,

Please provide more information about what you want to achieve here?

- Kind of reports?(crystal, webi)

- What exact information are you looking for?

- Were you able to get the same in BO 3.1? If yes, a small code snippet would be great.

Regards,

Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarsh

Thanks much for your quick response.

1 . I am trying to get WebI Report information

2.  Im Looking for:

For Example If I have a table in a block and a chart in a block, I need to get the table layout information and chart layout information. The column values in the table, borders, size, conditional formatting etc. Same for chart like X, Y axis values, legends labels, formattings etc.

3. Yes I am able to get this in BO 3.1

In BO 3 I we can able to get it from Report Eingine, Document Instance

We can get hierarchy like Report->Document->Block-:Report->Cell

But I cant get it in 4.1

IInfoObject infoObject = (IInfoObject) infoObjects.get(i);
        DocumentInstance documentInstance = reportEngine.openDocument(infoObject.getID());
documentInstance.getReports().getItem(0).getBlockInfo().getBlocks().getItem(0)
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alphonse,

A major chunk of REBEAN SDK's have been deprecated from BO 4.0 onwards and is no longer functional. You can get the list of deprecated API's in the below SAP note:

1587987 - Which classes and interfaces are removed or no longer functional in Java Report Engine SDK in BI 4.0?

You will have to use Restful Webservices SDK's to achieve your requirement in BO 4.1. The Restful SDK's works with simple request/response methods and are language independent. You can download the Developer Guide for the same from the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_sbo41sp4wi-sdk/frameset.htm?cd1b6c13b540481781591c7945b5fd26.html

In the guide goto "RESTful Web Service API Quick Reference", the headings "Report URLs","Report Drill URLs", "Report Element URLs" might be of your interest.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rajarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much Rajarsh. Will try this.

Answers (0)