cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Search Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Could we default search method for MDG-S. By default Address search is displayed and we want Enterprise Search to be displayed.

Any help please.

Best Regards, Srihari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I know this reply is late but I wanted to put it on this thread. You can change the parameters in the UIBB customizing to adjust the default search method. I'm using HANA based search so I've include the steps below for defaulting to a HANA search method but the same could be done for Enterprise Search. Also, we are using ERP vendor UI so you will have to make some changes in navigating the UIBB for supplier UI but it is the same process.

ERP Vendor UI

Go to manage UI config BS_OVP_BP: BS_OVP_SP_VL > OVP: BS_SP_VL_OVP and

create customizing then click configure for UIBB Search UIBB:

BS_BP_DQUERY_DB_ADDRESS_ATTRIB and click general settings and then click feeder class

parameters. Change search mode to HA and incld. search help to HANA

search help MDG_BS_SUP_SUPPLIER

Material

Go to manage UI config MDG_BS_MAT_SEARCH_06 >

MDG_BS_MAT_CLS_SEARCH_OVP_06  and create customizing then click configure

UIBB  for MDG_BS_MAT_CLS_SEARCH_05 and change the Attributes of the

Element providerDefaults for search mode HA and the search help

MDGM_MM_ORGS_CLF

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Srihari,

You need to configure the MDG IMG node "Configure Duplicate Check for Entity Types" under "Search and Duplicate Check" configuration to set the default search method to be used. You need to fill the Data Model as BP, entity as BP_HEADER and set the Second Search Mode column as "ES" and then you should get Enterprise Search as default search method.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Thank you, however we are on MDG 7.0 Sp 2 and it does not have second Search mode column as we see in MDG 6.1.

Do we have any other options please? or did we miss something that we did not get additional search mode on 7.0

Best Regards, Srihari

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

You are right. In MDG 7.0, they have removed these columns. In MDG 7.0, the list is sorted based on the name. This is strange as the name can be different based on the language and you will not see a consistent list across different languages. I guess you can raise a message on SAP to fix this. Meanwhile, if you want the ES to be first, then you need to name it in such a way that it comes first in the list Eg: Add a special character or 0 in the front

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Unfortunately even adding 0 or special char is not making it default search mode in search screen, although when drop the search mode it shows ES first in the list of drop down.

looking for options

Best Regards, Srihari

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

I checked the method CL_MD_BS_SEARCH_PROVIDER_API~GET_SEARCH_METHODS where the search providers are collected and it seems that the search providers with search helps (i.e DB) are added first and then the other search methods. It might be a possibility to create an implicit enhancement at the end of this method to delete ES from the list and put it as the first search method.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

We implemented implicit enhancement and ES does not default in Search Method, any pointers/ directions please.

Regards, Srihari

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

Please add the parameters as per the screenshot below to the Search application in the PFCG role configuration. It should work then. I tested this.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thank you for help, we are not using HANA search and using ES.

We did work around, made changes in WD comp (FPM_OVP_COMPONENT) - BS_SP_VL_OVP and replaced the default search BS_BP_DQUERY_DB_ADDRESS_ATTRIB with BS_BP_DQUERY_ES.

It works.

Regards, Srihari

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

The approach i suggested should work even for ES too. You have to put 'ES' instead of 'HA' in USMD_SEARCH_MODE field and nothing in the USMD_SEARCH_HELP field. But glad that you resolved the issue.