cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating delta for missing records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are frequently facing the issue wherein the unplanned downtime of the source system impacts the BI Delta Load(Delta records get missed upon re-pulling the delta). I checked the RSA7 queue, where there are two radio buttons when you display queue delta:

Delta                      

Repeat Delta

If I am not wrong, When the delta is pulled in BI it pulls the Data that exists when we select the radio button for Delta. I am not clear what exactly is the data that we get on selecting the button for repeat delta. Secondly please suggest how do we repeat delta in case of delta failure.

Regards.

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on 7.3 flow, If i try to reschedule the Delta system is not asking me to repeat Delta(As request got red in PSA itself it was not updated in the Traget). Please help.

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Even if the request is red in the PSA have you clicked on the red in the monitor and set the status as red again?

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

When you select the button for Delta you will get the records that will get pulled in your next Delta run.When you select the button for Repeat Delta it will give you the records which will get pulled in case your previous delta had failed and you had marked the request red in your PSA as well as target.Thus Repeat Delta button will give you the new delta records in addition to the failed delta records.

Regards,

Shalaka

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

And in case your delta fails mark the request red in your PSA as well as target even if it is already red.

Regards,

Shalaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. How can we have the data in the Target if the request is Red at PSA?

In case of failed delta, Is there any option available/setting to repeat Delta or delta will by default be repeat Delta?

Regards.

Deepika

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

If there is any delta failure from ECC to BW  then we can do repeat delta...Also parallely you can check that in QA...Load the data to PSA and then delete that request and Do a repeat Delta.

So , the Request in PSA has to be deleted and then only you can REPEAT the delta in RSA7 and it works fine.

rgds

SVU

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

If the request has not yet gone to the target and is only there in the PSA then change the QM status to 'Red' in the PSA.So the next time your delta infopackgae runs it will bring the old records as well as new delta records.

Pl reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Shalaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

But many a times it i not happening like this in our case. We miss on the delta records whenever repeat delta is performed. Also does system tells you while reloading the deltathat whether it is repeat delta or delta load only?

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to confirm whether all (failed +new) records are getting updated you can check  RSA7-the number of records by selecting Repeat Delta button and then check whether you are getting the same number of records in BI when you execute the IP.

Thanks.

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

And yes,the system will ask you when you execute the IP whether you want to perform a repeat delta after you change the QM status to red and execute the IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in our case system is not prompting us to repeat delta while executing the IP again. Is there any Pre-steps or configuration require to enable it for repeating Delta?

shalaka_golde
Participant
0 Kudos

No.In case it is a 3.X flow and the request  has gone to the target also then you need to make it red over there as well as in the PSA.If this is not the case and your request has only gone till PSA then making it red in the PSA is enough.