Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira governance on BI Platform 4.1SP5

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

According to the last update of the BI Platform (4.1 SP5), we can now add Lumira Governance on the platform without Lumira Server or the BI Add-on.

We are trying to set this up but unfortunately we are not able to make it work. We followed this link

What we have

- BI Platform 4.1 SP5 installed on server called TheServer

- Lumira 1.21 installed on user's computer

What we did

- Add a LumiraGovernance.properties file in the appropriate folder (.sapvi)

- Contents :

enable=true

adapter.type=boe

authentication.type=secWinAD

rest.url=http://theserver:6405/biprws

useSSO=true

What we get

- When launching Lumira, an error pops up after it tries to connect to the server :

Could not acquire settings from Trusted Data Discovery source.

Error retrieving the Trusted Data Discovery governing data. Unexpected response status from server.

(HDB 14112)

- If useSSO=false in the properties file, we still have the same problem, but after entering the credentials.

Does one of you have any idea of what we are missing here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member277171
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Applied BOE 4.1 Patch 5.3 worked for me to resovle the initial issue, no Add-on needed.

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Confirmed. It works with patch 3.

Problems solved, thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it means that from the architecture point of view ,

Lumira .lum files are now fully integrated in SAP BI 4.1?

where "now" means SP05 patch>3 and lumira >1.27)

and where integreated means manage .lum publication and .lum rights in SAP CMC, upload & view in BI launch pad,  + refresh )  ?

Can you confirm that I just need SAP BI 4.1 SP05 patch>3 (and a lumira desktop 1.28 to create the report)?

no further lumira server product to download and install? everything is already in the SAP BI 4.1 edge?

B.R.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

r_poelstra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain,

Just found your post after I googled for some more information about the latest Lumira Desktop Version (1.22.1).

I've been experimenting a lot too with the Lumira integration within BIPlatform 4.1 SP5 (without the add-on). I'm getting the same error as you mentioned (Desktop Governance). This is still not fixed in Lumira 1.22.

Exporting the lums-files to the BI Platform also doesn't work.Without the governance-file I get the error that I don't have permission to view the contents of the folder (FWM 02037). I'm logging in as an administrator so I should have all rights. I guess I need the governance-file at startup but as mentioned, this doesn't work at all.

I've heard that this might be fixed in SP6 or BIPlatform 4.2. In the meantime I will test 'Lumira Team Server' (which can not be installed on the same server as the BI Platform).

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

this doesn't sound right to me - SP6 timelines are mid-year. BI 4.2 won't go GA until.. probably next year

did you contact SAP Support via incident message?  I'd like to know where you got your information from .

r_poelstra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Henry,

I haven't contacted SAP Support via incident message because they will probably point me to note 2114567 in the knowledge base. This clearly states that you need the add-on for desktop governance in BI4.1 SP5 and later. This sounds strange because we were all told that it should work without the add-on.

I do not know for sure if this will be fixed in SP6 of 4.2. I just heard (from people at FKOM)  that there will be more focus on the integration of Lumira and the BI platform in these versions, so that there might be fixes for the problems in the current version (SP5).

I will try to contact some people from SAP too, to get some more clarification about the issue mentioned here with the current version (BI 4.1 SP5)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Indeed, 'for save .lums to BIP 4.1.5' there's been a problem in the messaging, and there's a bug in the product. Engineering are looking into it. Trust me, this workflow will come well before Sp6 (FYI - general availability for SP6 is looking like end Q3 now)

Yes, the Lumira BI Add-On is being re-engineered entirely to deliver:

• BI Add-On without HANA dependency
  • BI Add-On for Lumira Edge server

this will appear as a new service in the BIplaform, and this re-imagining should be delivered by end H1 if all goes well.  Later on,  we're hoping to leave Add-Ons behind, and package this into the core product (i.e. 4.2, maybe)

Regards,

H

r_poelstra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thx! No need for me now to search/look any further.

Does Lumira Desktop need a fix? or does SP5 need a fix?

Other question: do you know if Lumira will be available in Dutch soon?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Interestingly, the enhancement request that asks for Dutch interface  just got it status changed to "under review" today!

please vote it up, here: Support for Dutch localization : View Idea

Regards,

H

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the end I had an answer from the Lumira support, that I paste here :

According to our global support team, after some additional testing and cross-checking with development, it's come to the conclusion that in order to achieve the following in working order, you will still need and require the BI-Addon for the desktop governance functionality.

I may be trollling a little bit, but I find it a bit lame.

The SP5 was advertised with the fact that the Add-on is not needed for these functionalities. In the end it is not true.

For us, it will be a No-Go for deploying Lumira on a large scale; the Add-on needs Hana and we don't have it.

I hope this helps other persons who really hoped for and expected this functionality.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

was this via a support ticket?  if so, please quote the incident number.

regards,
H

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I had this answer by the support e-mail address provided by Tammy. This is the ref. mentioned in the e-mail : CIDCDFE124C5516

I saw your post regarding opening a case with the technical support a little bit late (the mail support already answered). Do you think I shall have more luck with the Technical Support?

Regards,

Sylvain.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, that certainly would be my preference.

Regards,
H

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before creating the ticket I've discovered a few SAP KB articles that were not there yesterday :

- 2099193 is now in version 2 and does not refers to governance any longer

- 2114280 and 2114567 - Tracking the problem and clearly mentioning that the add-on is necessary.

Sadly, I think the topic is closed.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think those notes were created  in response to support traffic. However, they seem to contradict the communication from the product owner Greg via his blog http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2014/11/14/governing-lumira-desktop-using-bi4

i'm going to ask James and Greg to clarify..  undeniably, there have been quite some changes behind the scenes to the solution's architecture.

To clarify, you can definitely Save (.lums files) to BIPlatform 4.1.5 without the Add-On.   What isn't clear here is whether your CMC can govern Desktops without the Add-On.

Regards,
H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain - I haven't tried this myself; but did you also follow the rest of the steps listed in 4.6 of the help here http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_lumira_addon_13_en.pdf

including adding rights in the CMC?

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately this did not change anything. I even tried to give Full Control to everyone, but still having the problem. Same with an Admin user.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain - I can find anything on this

I recommend e-mailing Lumira Support at support.lumira@sap.com with this thread and see what they say; if you are following the instructions and it is not working then SAP Support should look at it

Tammy

sylvain_dutilh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy.

I've sent them an e-mail, I'll put the solution here once they answered.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sylvain,

For completeness, did you try Greg's suggestion in response to your comment to his blog? http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2014/11/14/governing-lumira-desktop-using-bi4#comment-55510...

As a side note, if you are an enterprise BI customer, i'd recommend you contact Technical Support via the message portal Home | SAP Support Portal   rather than using the email-based volume support. (i.e. for e-store customers, without support contracts.)

Regards,

H