cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get system landscape directory client - NWDS 7.31 SP 09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are unable to import development configurations from NWDI 7.4 to NWDS 7.31 for one of the developer's id. Other developers are able to import the

configuration successfully in NWDS and are able to create projects without any issues. In fact, I am able to import the development configurations from his Id on my machine.

The error message that is appearing is as follows: Could not get system landscape directory client.

PFB the NWDS logs:

null

Error

Tue Jan 06 12:48:58 IST 2015

List Development Configurations failed      [Error: com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.sld.SldContext  Thread[ModalContext,6,main]]

com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.LcrException: com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMClientException: HTTP response code: 407 (Proxy Authentication Required ( Forefront TMG requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied.  ))

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.HttpRequestSender.newClientException(HttpRequestSender.java:719)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.HttpRequestSender.processResponse(HttpRequestSender.java:608)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.HttpRequestSender.send(HttpRequestSender.java:352)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.sendImpl(CIMOMClient.java:205)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.send(CIMOMClient.java:153)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.enumerateInstancesImpl(CIMOMClient.java:450)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMOMClient.enumerateInstances(CIMOMClient.java:754)

at com.sap.lcr.api.cimclient.CIMClient.enumerateInstances(CIMClient.java:989)

at com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel.JavaCIMObjectAccessor.enumerateInstances(JavaCIMObjectAccessor.java:213)

at com.sap.lcr.api.sapmodel.SAP_DesignTimeConfigurationAccessor.enumerateInstances(SAP_DesignTimeConfigurationAccessor.java:164)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.lib.internal.sld.SldBasicContext.listRemoteDevConfNames(SldBasicContext.java:197)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.devconf.wizard.DevConfImportSldPage$6.run(DevConfImportSldPage.java:293)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

NWDS version: 7.31 SP 09

Error Screenshot -

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

BR,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

could you please check the proxy settings inside NWDS' preferences ? If I remember well it is called Network Connections.

Cheers,

Ervin

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I may be wrong but these proxy settings for internet connection to NWDS.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Please find below the screenshots for the network connections of my NWDS and my colleague's NWDS.

My NWDS:

Colleagues NWDS:

Can you please suggest on what to check in the maintained entries and what should be the entries that should be maintained here.

Are the above entries fine or do you see any issues.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin \ Hamendra,

The issue has been resolved. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

It was resolved after using the IP address instead of hostname of SLD.

BR,

Anurag

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had some issues recently with this, and the trace also mentions proxy issues. Could you please try direct connection in that preferences  (in other words do not use proxy settings in NWDS) ?

Is it possible that there is some kind of web-filter application installed that is blocking the request?

I'd suggest to google for this error:

407 (Proxy Authentication Required ( Forefront TMG requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied.  ))

Perhaps the problem is not even sap related.

Is Microsoft Forefront TMG (Threat Management Gateway after some googleing) perhaps configured in the way that it is not allowing this request ? Perhaps the IT guys of your company could look into this.

Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12209 Forefront TMG requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter i...

Cheers,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am almost sure you could use not only IP if Forefront TMG was configured properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Yes, as per my understanding also the problem does not seem to be SAP related.

As I told, my colleague had been facing this issue and he's been given access to client network and frankly speaking I am not sure how the network team of my organization has configured that.

But as the issue has been resolved now after using the IP, we've gone ahead with our developments.

Thanks once again for the detailed analysis!!!

BR,

Anurag

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I am glad to hear that you can now proceed with the development.

Best Regards,

Ervin

0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please let me know what steps you performed,I am also facing same issue

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

It seems an issue with machine not with NWDS or ID. Please check with your infrasture team give the same access on the machine as you have or then can recreate the same profile as yours.

Thanks,

Hamendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hamendra,

I am using a laptop and the other person is using a desktop. Both of us have full admin rights on our individual machines.

Moreover both of us are at different geographical locations and hence it is difficult to compare the access of the two machines and recreate the profile.

BR,

Anurag