Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplex printing in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to print two pages on side by side i mean duplex printing,

created two pages: FIRST,SECOND

page1(FIRST): print mode is - D and next page as 'SECOND'.

page2(SECOND):print mode is - SPACE and next page as 'FIRST'.

all settings in page done , how can i test this requirement in SP02 or any other way in sap without any printer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the OTF data in the SP02, by selecting "Goto -> Display requests -> Settings", and then select "Raw". If you display now the spool request you will see the OTF data. Here on the first page you should see the command for duplex, and on the second page it should be missing.

There is a second method to check the final print data without print it on a printer, but you need then to be able to analyse the print data(e.g. PCL or Postscript or SAPWIN print data).
You need to create a file printer on your PC as in note #576973 described, then create an output device with access method G, print the spool request over the newly created output device, and select on the Windows print popup the FILE printer. You will get a new popup for saving a file. This file contains the print data in a form which the device type supports, e.g. by a SAPWIN device type you will get a SAPWIN print data file by a PCL device type like HPLJ4 a PCL print data file.
If you analyse this on the first page you should find the command for duplex, and on the second page no duplex command.
So you can ensure whether this works correctly or not. But it is much easier to print it on a printer.

Best regards,
Norbert

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert,

you just can make sure, that your command is sent to the printer. If it works correct you just will see while printing it.

Or do I see anything wrong here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

by a SAPWIN data stream the final print data will be created over the windows printer driver so in this case the settings can be overwritten by the driver itself. But by a PCL data stream you have a command for duplex, which you can compare to the command from the printer manual for duplex(the command which the printer use for duplex), if this is the same then i see no reason why it shuld not work. Or if this is not working then it is a problem of the printer which should be checked by the printer vendor, but nothing wrong at SAP side.

This is the same by other native printer languages like Postscript or ZPL IPL or anything else.

Best regards,

Norbert

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This isn't possible... how do you think this is a possible scenario. You only will know if it works fine, if there is a physical printer connected.

Taht's it, just that way you can prove your settings...

~Florian