Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select-options dump in webdynpro

kapil_thuthuku
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I created a selection-screen with multiple select-options in webdynpro. For one of the data element WARPL ( Maintenance Plan ) there is a standard search help attached. But when I click on f4 help in the portal I am getting the below mentioned dump. My selection screen is similar to selection screen of transaction IW39 which has maintenance plan field. Upon clicking f4 there it will navigate to another screen i.e., a standard report selection-screen from where we can get the maintenance Plan details based on other fields. But from portal I am not getting the next screen. I came to know that the search help is having a Search help Exit which is triggering the screens which is not possible in Webdynpro. If so please suggest me a solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

As you have figured out, the web dynpro browser session cannot open a screen in the SAPgui and so your application short dumps when the search standard help attempts to open a GUI screen. What you can do to prevent this is to assign a different search help to your WARPL field. For example, when you create your select-options field in web dynpro, assign a different search help...

* Maintenance plan
lo_selection_screen->add_selection_field(
     i_id               = 'FIELD_ID'
     i_within_block     = 'BLOCK_ID'
     i_description     = 'Maintenance plan'
     it_result          = lo_selection_screen->create_range_table( 'WARPL' )
     i_value_help_type = if_wd_value_help_handler=>co_prefix_searchhelp
     i_value_help_id    = 'DIFFERENT_SEARCH_HELP
).

Cheers,

Amy