Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise search not returning results for templates with Authorizations

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I am trying to set up Enterprise search for a custom template created in ESH_COCKPIT , with data source as an SAP DB table , as shown in below screenshot .

I assigned the authorization object C_AENR_BGR to this temlate as below

Below is snapshot of the S/W component with the template along with the sap std ESH_COMMON_OBJECTS s/w comp

Finally I created a connector  for the custom template , as shown below

Updated the user with the role which has the required auth object C_AENR_BGR in SAP GUI

Indexed the USER_AUTHORITY and custom template data . Both are indexed as shown in the above screenshot ,  both are at status Active , and also shows the optimized records.

Now  , when I try to test the same by running report ESH_TEST_SEARCH in Expert mode with Debug Authorization , I am always getting an authorization error .

I can see the user data is updated in trex , from trexdmin tool .

But I am always getting this authorization .

Further I also tried for some standard templates like ENG_CHANGE_ORDER templates provided by SAP , but i have the same issue .

Will really appreciate any pointers or suggestions on this .

Thanks,

Rini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rini,

could you please open OSS incident so that we could check how the data is indexed on the TREX side and if we have here mismatch between the query structure and the index content.

Thanks and best regards,
Mikhail

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mikhail for your reply .

Will try to raise an OSS , as its our internal traning server .

Meanwhile , could you pls give some pointers on how we can identify the

mismatch between the query structure and the index content , as mentioned by you .

So that I can check it in the trex admin tool . 

Best Regards

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rini,

it's very difficult to investigate such issues as we usally need to activate additional traces on the TREX side . You can do the following to save time:
1) Activate Python trace for IndexServer (search calls only) - note 1533891
2) Reproduce the issue and switch the python trace off
3) Attach this on the message
What's the TREX version you use ? In the last patches we have fixed a lot of issues related to the
search functionality. But I doubt the update can help in your case .

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail ,

Thanks again for your reply .

I got the python trace , which I am attaching herewith as a txt file, however i couldnt understand much from it .

It seems the call to setLocation while querying the student data is not good , as it is converting

<the node name into some hash value>_<Authorization object also to some hash value>

and hence it is not returning the results correctly .

That is just my observation . Would be  really helpful if you could please take a look and

provide suggestions.

Best Regards

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rini,

the search query seems to be fine from my point of view. Unfortunately it's not possible to identify the
reason of the issue based on this trace  , I need to check the indexes belong to Join

esh:pl1100~pl1100~ztest_4~~default for the additional conditions specified there.
I need to ask you to create an OSS incident for this issue.

Best regards,
Mikhail

former_member188458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail ,

Opened an OSS incident - 0000060300 2015 .

Hoping to get a reply soon from SAP on this .

Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards

Answers (0)