Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NPDI Expertise

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am SAP certified consultant and have vast experience of implementation. I also have couple of years experience in new product development but out of SAP. Can anyone has expertise in this area ? I have the following questions.

a- Is SAP NPDI an standalone module with integration of other modules ? If not then which modules are involved to run SAP NPDI ?

b- What are the steps / process flow in SAP NPDI ?

c- Is there any SAP best practices documents available ? if yes, please provide the path.

Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Business Processes Expert,

Technically NPDI (New Product Development and Introduction) is the term used in the SAP with some modules like PLM, PPM.

Answers to your questions:

• There is no such separate module (like SAP NPDI) exist in SAP as per my knowledge.
  • Which module involve to run - xRPM, xPD, cProjects Suits, not currently new module PPM & PDM Life cycle data management.
  • So process flow in NPDI (This one is tricky, unable to compose on one reply).
  • As per my knowledge, i never seen any docs on this. Try in help.sap
  • Hope this will solve your problem.
former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right there is no standard process flow, in fact there is no best practice documents related to product development, although this process is part of SAP PLM but it is really difficult to generate a process flow. It would definitely need a case study of a company new product.

I have been reading PLM now a days but I am confused about how SAP maintain the sequence of SAP PLM documents. Such as they show prototyping process and just after that they transfer the product structure to production and sales department for production. In very next topic they define Cproject suite where the whole product development process for discrete and process industries are mapped.

I am still confused why prototyping steps does not include in the whole development process ?

If you know anything about this, please let me know.

Regards,

former_member191252
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again, its not predefined process flow.

Hope you gone through this pdf, if not here we go (http://fm.sap.com/pdf/bf05atl/newprod/Bussey-NPDIFinal.pdf)

Product structure used more for BOMs and Cproject suits for (Projects Plans/Maintenance which also includes cFolders, for collaboration with your external vendors and business). These are again included under PLM umbrella.

Other than useful answer, I think we do not have correct answer ( This one is tricky, unable to compose in one reply, because every business is unique) for this question.

--

P

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks alot for knowledge sharing. Yes, I have already gone through your provided document.

Regards,