Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see my Configuration and Activities list in DeveConfPers

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Team,

I opened NWDS and switched to Development Configuration Perspective.

I imported the configuration into NWDS and created the Project

I created an Activity as well.

Now When i went to check-in the activity it is not showing up in the open Activities List.

Now i closed my NWDS and re-opened again

Now i dont see my Configuration under InActive DCs as well.

Not knowing why this strange behavior. Can anyone let me know where exactly the issue could be

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the nwds is newly installed? did it work before?

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it used to work previously and now it is not working.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

If you configure the new NWDS and get the code from DI and create a project. Now make a change against an activity. Does this activity is visible?

You can get the list of your changed files from DI and then you can search those files in NWDS and right click on the file and select DTR and go to history and compare the version and take the changed code and do the same if you have other files.

After taking the backup of you changed code then delete this invisible activity from DI and also delete the project and get the code from DI again and make the changes.

Thanks,

Hamendra

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you imported the development configuration to your nwds, when you reopen your nwds, you see nothing? only the local development is there?

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes JunWu you are right.

I imported the configuration. Once I restart my NWDS, under InActiveDc's tab I don't see my imported configuration.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

on the Open Activities View there is a black down arrow you can use to change display filter modes (same for the Inactive DCs view) -- IF I remember well. I don't have 700 NWDS any more. Maybe everything is fine you just switched to a display modus where only a specific devconf is set as "root" -- and consequently you won't be able to list activities of it either. I'd recommend to check this first.

If this does not help, can you re-import the devconfig in a new NWDS workspace ?

What version is your NWDS? If it is 700 then you can use the -data "<path to a new workspace>" parameter in the NWDS shortcut. If it is higher than 700 then it is obvious how to do it from the NWDS' File menu.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I checked the parameters suggested by you. But nothing worked.

If i swtich to a new workspace, Then my activities will not be seen.

Below is the error log which i see in NWDS Logs. Not knowing how to solve the below issue.

DTR client definition not found for this configuration. VFS client-def name: TrackName_D

!STACK 0
com.sap.tc.devconf.InvalidDefinitionException: DTR client definition not found for this configuration. VFS client-def name: 'TrackName_D'
at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.upgradeLocalConfigurationMode(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:1537)
at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.reInitializeConfiguration(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:567)
at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory._getDevelopmentConfigurationInstance(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:420)
at com.sap.tc.devconf.DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.getDevelopmentConfigurationInstance(DevelopmentConfigurationFactory.java:199)
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.devconf.DevConfManager.getInstalledDevConfs(DevConfManager.java:411)
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.devconf.DevConfManager.initializeDevConfs(DevConfManager.java:135)
at com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfLoginListener.loginPerformed(DevConfLoginListener.java:86)
at com.sap.ide.login.UserValidator$1.run(UserValidator.java:161)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the OS you are using, and what is the version of NWDS ?

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

windows 7 and nwds 7.0SP11

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately we are not supporting this configuration, please take a look at the following notes

#1225606 - Platform Restrictions f. NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.x-7.0x

#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

Best Regards

Ervin