cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Collapse standard MDM WD component trays?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to collapse some of the trays of Standard MDM WD component when loading the page. Is that possible through code? I know it is possible in custom trays. But I've no idea about standard components. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Manojkumar,

I checked your question with the MDM WD component experts and following is the answer provided by them

Collapse some of the trays… - not sure which trays are meant

But if the tray is a container of some MDM WD Component (e.g. Search), then usually customer can:

1. Add a 'ViewContainerUIElement' in his custom view to hold the interface view of the search.

2. Wrap this ViewContainer with a Tray UI element.

3. Control the try collapse with his custom code.

Please can you try this.

Regards,

Karthika S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthika,

Thanks for your time! I got your point, but what I meant to ask is

1. Say I've an item details WD component in which there are, say, 5 trays. I want to collapse, say, only last two trays.
  2. What I understand from you point is that "I can put that item details WD Component in view container, that in turn in Tray UI element in a custom view". But won't that collapse the entire the component, I mean all the 5 trays?

Let me know if I understand your point in a wrong way. Once again Thanks for your time!

Cheers,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

did you find any solution for your requirement, I have exactly same requirement to collapse tray of mdm std wd comp. please share if you found any solution.

Regards,

Priya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume this is not possible due to the same reason that is described in

Perhaps can comment on it.

Cheers,