cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CSV payment method

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement from one of our banks to set up a custom payment method. Essentially, rather than generating an ACH file for certain vendors, we will need to create a CSV file with some basic data, and the bank will handle paying them. When I say basic data, I mean, like, four or five fields. I have set these fields up successfully in DMEE, and I think that piece of the configuration is correct. When I test my work in DMEE, the output looks good.

I have set up the new payment method in FBZP. This is my first time setting something up using Payment Medium Workbench. I followed the documentation carefully to set up the PMW Format. My problem is that when I run the payment program (F110) to actually test that payments are processed correctly, the correct open items are processed, the correct output is produced, etc., everything seems to work fine except for the output itself. Open items are marked as cleared and everything. But the DME output file is garbled and messy. It looks like SAP is trying to produce an ACH file, so all that extra ACH stuff is in there. All I need are my nice, neat, four or five comma-delimited fields that I configured in DMEE. 

Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows me step-by-step how to configure a custom bank file format for payments? Or at least give me some clues as to where I can troubleshoot my issue? 

We are running basic ECC 6.0, classic GL, no enhancement packs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

A few things

1 - How did you create your new payment method? Did you copy an existing one or create one from scratch?

2 - in OBVCS - have you created your own payment medium format - can you see any reference to ACH?

It could be an idea to use the standard payment medium program

Lastly - when you run F110 for the payment run - you define the program and the variant - have you changed this to use the new program and the variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. After creating the format in DMEE, I copied the new payment method from our current, working, wonderful ACH method.

2. OBVCS is a cluster maintenance transaction in my system. Not what sure what to do with it.

3. We might be onto something with this. I have not changed the program or created a variant. I could not figure out exactly how to set up the variant in RFFOAVIS_FPAYM... I mean, I know how to set up a variant. I just don't know what settings to make in this particular program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok - my point is - if you copied the ACH payment method, it will have settings that point to the ACH file format and so on.

I would guess there is a setting that points to that.

If you copied a non ACH payment method - you might be able to get the file format you require - as well as spotting a difference between the two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I will give that a try. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice, both in this thread and on Twitter. I started over, creating "New Entries" rather than copying from existing payment methods, and I believe that made all the difference. I am very pleased with the results, and I am now working with my users in finance to tweak the details. Thanks, and thanks again.

BTW, this blog was also quite helpful. http://datamediumexchange.blogspot.com/

Answers (0)