cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing BOM and Recipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to process industry. One of the production issues we have is with Master recipe and Costing BOM. We create costing BOM(alternative BOM) and master recipe for other financial purposes only.

Users creates costing BOM(alternative BOM), a new production version with category (6) in C223. Existing recipe is assigned to that production version. User validates the recipe to see if the material BOM is assigned in that recipe 'Material assignment'- tab is populated successfully.

We have one trouble material for which material assignment is not happening in the master recipe only for costing BOM with category(6) in C223, for production category(1) in C223, the material assignment is happening just fine.

We validated material settings with a good material-looks fine, validated the BOM levels and everything is released and active, created new costing BOM(alternative BOM) and production version, still material assignment fails in the master recipe.

Can someone help us here in this regard? Let me know what more needs to be checked and if we are missing anything? I was going to write to SAP but wanted to validate everything before I approach them. This is a burning issue at my client and has been there for a while...

Appreciate all the help in advance. Please let me know if you need more clarification on the issue...

Thanks,

GA_BOY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi GA_BOY,

this community deals with Master Data related to the SAP products "SAP Master Data Governance" (MDG) and SAP NW Master Data Management (MDM).

So most likely you will not get an answer here when asking about Costing BOM, Recipe and alike.

Maybe move / recreate your question in the following community - I found some threads about Master Recipe there: http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/manufacturing-pp

Regards,

Ingo