cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Mapping For Portal Role Assignment and ABAP Role Assignment - GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Can any one please tell me how an SAP Enterprise role and SAP ABAP technical role can be clubbed /mapped together for role assignment via ARM?

We are not using the business role concept here .. , so I need answers to achieve this functionality using the ABAP Dummy role concept.

I know people have does this before, but i needed more clarity on this approach.

Thanks in advance,

Uma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

As per my understanding whenever users request for a ABAP technical role then they should be provisioned with corresponding Portal role. Is this what you wanted to achieve?

In GRC 10/10.1 we have Role mapping functionality which can be used for your requirement.

Let me know if this is your requirement so that can share more details about role mapping.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Madhu - That is exactly what i am looking for, can you please share more details?

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

First identify the roles that need to be mapped to your main roles and once you have that information you can just maintain the same mapped roles in Role Import file and can import them into system.

Eg: I have one role to which I mapped 3 roles from 3 different systems as shown below

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for getting back to me madhu, really appreciate it.

I tried to use that functionality, but i see that the role mapping tab is greyed out ( Disabled ).

Do you have any idea why? I also made sure that i enabled the parameters 2014 and 2015 to enable role mapping.

Thanks in advance!

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

Do you have BRM default methodology activated?

If activated are you still seeing Role Mapping as greyed out in EDIT mode?

As suggested try through role import and check as well.

Please share screenshot so that easy to assist you.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madhu

yes, I think I have the default methodology enabled and i am in edit mode!
And still the role mapping field seems to be grayed out .. please find the screenshots below.

Thanks again!

sandeep_devaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Uma,

Just a Small check i faced the same issue while adding approvers in the Approvers tab in Define Phase . If this is the new Role you are trying to create Click on Save in the Details tab after filling it and then try this Role Mapping Tab option .

Not sure if this could be the issue .

Regards

Sandeep Devaki

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

I think you have this issue because of the reason Sandeep mentioned. Just save and then check role mapping tab.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep / Madhu

You are right, when i tried to save the role and went back to the role mapping tab, everything was normal and i was about to add roles, systems there.

Much thanks for your help, once i am able to successfully complete the mapping .. i will close this issue .. will keep you posted.

sandeep_devaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Uma,

Can you please close the thread if the issue is resolved .

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sandeep_devaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Uma,

The other way of achieving this instead of using BRM is by mapping the EP Role to the ABAP role in Portal User administration Tab.

Example :

ABAP Role: Z_ABAP_ROLE

Portal Role : Z_PORTAL_ROLE

In EP using User Admin Tab assign the Group (ABAP Role: Z_ABAP_ROLE) to the Portal Role : Z_PORTAL_ROLE. With this all the users assigned to this ABAP role are automatically assigned to Portal Role .

Note : Abap Roles are recoginsed as Portal Groups in EP

Let me know if you need more detials about this.

Regards

Sandee Devaki

UdayMS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

As per my understanding, in the User Admin Tab, we have Portal UME DB roles/groups and the external LDAP roles. How can we find the ABAP roles? Do we need to be connected to ABAP system as source of user Ids. Kindly throw some light on this for my better understanding.

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very interesting sandeep .. can you please give me some more information about this approach as well?

sandeep_devaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes Uma, we should connect to Abap system and make it as one of the UME source for EP.

Once this is done the users created in abap system will also be available through portal and if u look at the groups tab of users u can find the abap roles assigned to user in the form of portal group.

This is portal group that i was explaining about. If you map a portal role to this group all the users with that portal group(abap role) will get assigned to portal role.

And Also you can use the role mapping functionality that Madhu Has explained above .

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep, that was great info!

As we were planning to have more than one role to be added to each parent / composite role and the role approval is needed at the role level this approach can not be used, but good to know we can integrate ABAP to EP like that.