cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal 2.0 - predefined set of CHIPs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I am looking for some way to define a standard set of CHIPs in HR Renewal 2.0 landing page when ESS-user log into the system for the first time.

There is also a request not to disable personalization for end-users. So the point is to make initial page to look NOT like in the screenshot below...

... but with already predefined set of CHIPs added to user's desktop, as shown in the screenshot below:

I believe it can be done somehow using end-user personalization. So my questions are the following:

1) Where is end-user pesonalization data stored? Any table or other entity?

2) If there is any solution for my issue, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

thank you for your reply.

I've already checked that thread, but couldn't find a suitable solution yet.

What I'm about to do is to offer end-user some kind of default set of CHIPs at his first logon. Then he can personalize his landing page as he likes (if he finds the way to) - and that's why the offered solution in that thread (to disable personalization) is not suitable for me.

Regards,

Anton

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically its done like this In CONF and CUST  only Toggle Theming button is displayed. Before that it is displaying the other two buttons also(Toggle Settings and Reset), we fixed this issue in SP10. The restriction of the end user can be done in two scenarios 1) By disabling the personalization of the end users. When the page personalization is disabled, it will display all the lanes present in the catalogs which are assigned to the user in the Landing Page. The end user can't add/delete the chips/lanes from the Landing Page. This is available from SP10. Regarding the restrict personalization please refer the below mentioned documents. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/68/1d50232f8145d88c46c6690ca41dc0/content.htm?fram... 2) If you want to provide only selected chips(eg: In ESS- My Info and My Services) to the user then create a new catalog and add the required chips in the Admin Page. Assign that catalog to the user.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I am working on for similar scenario as one you described, any solution you could get.

Please share would be of great help.

Thanks,

Ninad

HadrienP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad,

Not sure if this is the best way to do it but I resolve that request by using the personalization.  Each time, you do something in the landing space (move place of a chip or so) the info is stored in your personalization buffer.  So we used two template users (one ESS the other for MSS) we configured the personnalization for them. 

And we create a report to duplicate the personnalization for the target user. 

Personalization are stored in tables:

wdy_conf_user

wdy_conf_usert2

wdy_conf_usert

wdy_conf_udef

and you can erase the personnalization thanks to WDA WD_ANALYZE_CONFIG_USER

And for the favorites it worked the same way except that I used a class that handled it directly

* Get the favorites data for a template user

CALL METHOD cl_pers_admin=>get_data

EXPORTING

p_pers_key          = /ui2/if_fav_data=>c_pers_key_fav

p_user_data_only    = 'X'

p_uname             = p_usrsrc

IMPORTING

p_pers_data         = git_items

EXCEPTIONS

pers_key_not_found  = 1

data_type_error     = 2

no_data_found       = 3

user_does_not_exist = 4

not_set_to_default  = 5

OTHERS              = 6.

*  Set the favorites data for a target user

CALL METHOD cl_pers_admin=>set_data

EXPORTING

p_pers_key          = /ui2/if_fav_data=>c_pers_key_fav

p_pers_data         = git_items_t

p_uname             = s_usrtrg-low

EXCEPTIONS

pers_key_not_found  = 1

data_type_error     = 2

user_does_not_exist = 3

not_set_to_default  = 4

pers_key_locked     = 5

OTHERS              = 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrien,

Thanks for your inputs.

This is interesting, will get technical help on this.

However will first explore further for standard solution if any.

Regards,

Ninad

0 Kudos

Hi Hadrien,

would you be able to share some more details on your solution? We've also build a custom report that copies the entries for our templates users in tables wdy_conf_user, wdy_conf_usert and wdy_conf_usert2 (wdy_conf_udef doesn't contain any data relevant to the template user) changing USER_ID, CHANGEDBY and CHANGEDON but then when the new users log in, they still get the screen with the instructions on how to choose their CHIPs. Many thanks!

Regards,

Tiago

HadrienP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Did you find any solution for this ? Can you share it please ?

Thank you

Hadrien