cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am setting up a org model in CRM from R/3. We have multi client model in Development box, customizing and unit testing client. Do we need to replicate to customizing client of CRM from R/3? or is the best way to replicate in unit testing client in dev and do similarly in quality and production.

What is the best method of creation of org setup in CRM and how do we transport to quality, production.

When we transport using RHMOVE30 report, will it transport the business partner numbers it generated in dev system or will it generate a new business partner for the org units.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

why does org model will be different from ECC DEV to ECC QA.  It will be transported similarly in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The short answer is it depends. If you are pulling in the org model from ECC as well as persons, in theory you would just need to set it up in ECC BD64, ALE with the initial flag, and then set the change pointers. I've never seen it be that easy. Even if you could handle the majority of the work that way, I would be willing to bet you'd still need a methodology moving forward where you created standalone org units in CRM and had to move throughout the CRM landscape. If you choose to use tcode PFAL or RHMOVE30 in CRM to move throughout the landscape, this would be because you were not using the org model from ECC, correct? If you are creating your employees in CRM and not ALEing them from ECC, you would have to create them first, prior to running PFAL in CRM. I do believe they will create with the same numbers but I suggest you test once to be sure. You can always use delete program BUPA_DEL to delete your test.

I've done this several times and it's a little complicated. If you are sure your company is using the organizational model in ECC, and has its sales and service organizations structured the same way you will be setting it up in CRM, then it does make sense to ALE it to CRM from ECC. I've also seen it where the ECC org model was only used for workflow purposes and it really did not make sense to ALE anything other than the employees (persons) from ECC to CRM and just build the org model fresh in CRM. If all employees using CRM are in ECC, it does make sense to ALE them from ECC into CRM so no one has to create them twice.

In ECC you will want to become familiar with tcodes BD64 and PFAL. In CRM you will want to become familiar with table T77S0 accessed via SM30. Business partners are automatically created in standard for organizational units in CRM. In table T77S0 there is functionality available where you can configure prefixes for org units and also employees coming into CRM from ECC. I've always had to use this due to number range clashes (for example prefix employee IDs and org unit BPs with EM00 or OU00 o avoid clashes with sold-to or prospect numbers). Also, once you turn on ALE via table T77S0, HRALX/HRAC = 'X', you will need to use tcode CRM_IC_EIC_ALE to create employees in CRM, you will no longer be able to use tcode BP.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/T77S0+parameters

Also, in the past I've actually made the brilliant mistake of pulling over employees bank data from ECC so test heavily that you are not pulling over any 'sensitive' data. If so, you'll want to mask it or prevent the subtype completely in your ECC BD64 ALE filter:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/Masking+sensitive+data+in+ALE+transfer

Finally, take a look at SAP Note  934372. Let me know any further questions.

Thank you,

Carolyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carolyn.

Our org model is setup in ECC and we are replicating to CRM. We might setup of employees and do ALE to CRM, as we already did BD64. So when the Org model is setup in ECC and replicated from OLTP(ECC) , do we need to transport from DEV to QA or do it in all systems in landscape similarly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Please take a look at SAP Note 548202 - Setup of CRM org. structure ... "During the setup of the organizational structure in a multi-level system landscape, you must ensure that the IDs of the organizational units in the systems are identical. THE ORGANIZATIONAL DATA SHOULD ONLY BE LOADED INTO ONE SYSTEM BY INITIAL LOAD FROM R/3 AND MAINTAINED THERE. THE OTHER SYSTEMS MUST BE SUPPLIED VIA THE TRANSPORT LINK. You should use the Customizing client of the CRM Server for the transfer and maintenance of the sales organization structure." Next take a look at SAP Note 327908 - The transport system in the CRM/BBP system Follow step 2 but first check table PLOGI to make sure there aren't any entries already flagged for transport. By following step 2, you would do the following in your first client: in the multi-client setup: 1. Check table PLOGI that nothing is there already flagged for transport. 2. Call SM30, maintain table T77S0 for TRSP CORR = 'X'. Change the 'X' to 'T' for transport. 3. Make your org model changes and save. 4. Take a look at table PLOGI that your changes are in there and flagged with an 'x'. 5. Call SE38 and execute RHMOVE50 in simulation mode to make sure you get what you think you are. 6. Execute RHMOVE50 without the simulate flag and associate to a transport. 7. Go back to table T77S0 and change the TRSP CORR back to 'X' from 'T'. 8. SCC1 to any other clients if this is in your normal process. 9. Go back to your original client and make sure table PLOGI is no longer flagged with any changes. 10. Be really safe and double check table T77S) TRSP CORR still equals 'X' for no transport in all downstream clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for detailed explanation. I have gone through the above notes before i raised the question. If we use an integrated R/3 with CRM and if we download org model from R3 to CRM customizing client, can we transport org model to QA.

I read few of them say that repeat same manual steps as we did for DEV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can transport the Org model from DEV System to QA System through RHMOVE30 report. How ever best practice is to download again the org model from ECC QA system as this would automatically keep the org model(& business partners) b/n ECC(QA) & CRM(QA) in sync...