cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap hana studio 2 - is there a version 2.91.0?

0 Kudos

I recently upgraded our SAP HANA Database, Client, Studio and Host Agent to Rev 91 on linux.  Since then, when I go back in to HANA Studio and check for updates for our system, it is still saying SAP HANA Studio needs to be updated on our server.  It says current version is 2.0.8 and target version is 2.91.0.  I have tried reinstalling but get the same result.  Anyone else seeing this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amit_agarwal21
Explorer
0 Kudos

What about SAP HANA client ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit, I believe the SAP HANA Studio 2.0 comes with the SAP HANA client. You can check under your C:\program files if that is where your studio is installed.

--Stephen Siew--

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like SAP changed the version numbering. I have installed HANA Studio revision 92 but I also see 2.0.8 as the version number.

How can we relate 2.0.8 to the revision number 92, 92...?

I have been looking for SAP notes, documents but no luck so far.

Hope someone can clarify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just found the note 2073112 and there is section 7 in the note as below.

7. Why is SAP HANA Studio delivered with version number 2.x as of SPS 09?
As of SAP HANA SPS 09 SAP HANA Studio is delivered with version number 2.x while the SAP HANA software still has version number 1.x. This change is caused by the intension of SAP to decouple the versions of SAP HANA Studio and the SAP HANA database. It doesn't impact the compatibility, so you can use SAP HANA Studio version 2.x in combination with SAP HANA databases 1.x.

SAP decoupled the HANA Studio version and HANA database version but the rule is not applied to the service market place. In the service market place, the HANA studio version is still shown as 92, 93 as the HANA DB version. The question would be how the revision number 92, 93 can be related to the new version 2.x or there should be changes in the service market place to synch up with the version 2.x.

Currently, when I checked the HANA Studio version from both HANA Studio revision 91, 92, the version is shown as 2.0.8. There is no differences between HANA studio 91 and 92.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Charlie, I guess SAP decouple it similarly to what Oracle does for SQLplus that you can use it to connect to a higher version or lower version of DB. This is a good move but one question I have is does it affects the working of the ADT (ABAP Development Tool version) as well as the BWMT (BW Modeling Tool)? How is SAP addressing that? I know that the higher version of SAP HANA Studio will connect to lower version of SAP HANA DB but not sure if a lower version will connect to a higher version of SAP HANA DB.