cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC scenario for school kits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am trying to build a VC scenario for school kits.

Basically, I have a school kit where my customers can choose the types and quantities of pencils, pens and erasers.

For example, the customer can choose two blue pencils, one blue pen, one red pen and one eraser or four black pencils and one blue pen only. In addition, there are several other possibilities of configuration.

For this example, super BoM has the following components:

0010 - Blue pencil

0020 - Black pencil

0030 - Blue pen

0040 - Red pen

0050 - Eraser

Questions

1- Is possible to create a selection condition and a procedure in the object dependency for the same item? I think it is necessary because depending of the number of pencils and pens that have been chosen is needed to change item quantity with a procedure.

2- Depending of the number of pencils and pens, is necessary to change the tax rate in the sales order. How can I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

If I go by your questions, I would say:

1. Yes, it is possible to assign selection condition as well as procedure to same item. As per your example, what I've inferred that one can order not more than 5 units (with permutation and combinations of different types of pencils, erasers and pens) in a school kit , you can restrict based on $COUNT_PARTS/$SUM_PARTS. Can you give one more example of 'several other possibilities of configuration?

2. Can you provide more details on tax rate part? I'm confused why tax rate (for e.g. 7%) would change based on the number of quantities since tax amount is based on value of the goods, kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Thank you for your reply.

Please, see below my comments.

Can you give one more example of 'several other possibilities of configuration?

We can have more than 5 units in a school kit. For example, is possible to have 4 pencils and 2 pens or 4 pens, 2 pencils and and one eraser.

The quantity of components can vary, but is possible to define a max limit for each one.

I'm confused why tax rate (for e.g. 7%) would change based on the number of quantities since tax amount is based on value of the goods, kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

In Brazil, each item of the school kit has a tax rate, for example, pencils = 10%, pens = 20% and erasers = 5%.

If a kit was configured with two pens, one pencil and an eraser, it must use the highest tax rate (pens = 20%)

In another scenario, if the kit has three pencils and an eraser, it must use tax rate of the pencils = 10%

Regards,

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your detailed information.

It is very well possible to restrict the maximum units of each item. One of the following options can be used:

• Define characteristic values accordingly for characteristic of corresponding item.
  • If you are using 'Additional values' checkbox in a characteristic, you can restrict the maximum numbers by writing a constraint.

As you know, constraints will not give any message as such but will make the configuration inconsistent based on condition.

Regarding tax subject, I'll get back to you with possibilities.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Thank you very much for your help. It will be very useful.

I am also studying new possibilities for tax rates.

Regards,

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Kindly check routine 170 (Take Greater value), under 'CalType' column in pricing procedure, which is Brazil-specific and can help you meet your requirement.

Kindly check and provide your feedback.

Awaiting your reply in this regard.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samier,

Thank you for your reply.

Please, could you give more details about this routine?

I did not understand how to use it.

Regards,

Marcos

Answers (0)