Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Contents Disappear with IE11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version: BI 4.0 SP8.3 and BI 4.1 SP5

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (x64)

Hi,

After running a report, the current folder's contents disappear. This problem does not occur with IE10, only with IE11 (see screenshots below):

When first viewing the contents of the folder "PAS Online Reports", the contents are displayed:

When trying to run the Analysis report "Activity by Org", I receive this error:

After selecting "Tools > Enterprise Mode", and re-running the report, the report successfully runs:

However, after exiting the report's tab, the contents of the folder "PAS Online Reports" is now empty:

Please advise.

Cheers,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I've just tried IE11 with BI4.1 SP05 and did not get the "critical rendering error" warning that you are getting.

When using IE11 with AOLAP 4.1 SP05 can you please press F12 and click on the Emulation tab. Can you please submit a screenshot of what you see?

AOLAP 4.0 and 4.1 are internally different beasts when it comes to the web rendering. AOLAP4.1 is "Standards" compliant and should work well in IE11 by default. AOLAP 4.0 however *may* require the new "Enterprise Mode" in IE11 to be turned on. This is in the IE Tools menu. If you don't see this then you need your IT department to modify the IE group policy.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IE11 definitely works better with BI 4.1 SP5 than it does with BI 4.0 SP8.3. Since our Production environment is currently BI 4.0 SP8.3, when using IE11, I turn on the  Enterprise Mode (as shown in the screenshot in my original post). By doing so, it gets rid of the "critical rendering error". However, after I exit an AOLAP report, the contents of my folder become empty:

Cheers,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

As per the Platform Supported guide for BI 4.0 Sp05+ versions, it is listed that IE 11 is supported from BI 4.0 Sp09 onwards, It is not supported on the previous versions and so not on BI 4.0 Sp08 Patch 3 as well.

Please refer to the PAM guide from the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0134dbb-8f10-3010-5084-cf90dbb35...

It is also indicated that IE 11 is not supported with Analysis Edition, for OLAP.

Kind Regards,

Rohan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I feel most probably this is IE rendering issue than BO issue.

Regards,

Parag