cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal report locking out DB account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a few crystal reports which we are displaying on jsp(Crystal Reports Viewer) page. Some of the crystal reports are locking out the DB account while trying to render the report and its occuring randomly. I have following code in my jsp and the account gets locked out when a call is made to  processHttpRequest method.

//Create the CrystalReportViewer object
com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportViewer crystalReportViewer = new com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportViewer();
crystalReportViewer.setDatabaseLogonInfos(connections);
//Set the reportsource property of the viewer
crystalReportViewer.setReportSource(reportSource);

//Set viewer attributes
crystalReportViewer.setOwnPage(true);
crystalReportViewer.setOwnForm(true);
crystalReportViewer.setEnableParameterPrompt(false);
crystalReportViewer.refresh();

//Set the CrystalReportViewer print mode
crystalReportViewer.setPrintMode(com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrPrintMode.PDF);

crystalReportViewer.processHttpRequest(request, response, getServletConfig().getServletContext(), null);

We are using Crystal Reports XI and using the eclipse plugin to set the datasource values for the reports. The reports are connecting to Oracle 11g database.

Any help in overcoming this issue is really appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Problem is that CR XI (assumption is that you are meaning v. 11.0.x(?), never supported Oracle 11 g.

Your best bet is to download the latest CR from here:

http://www.businessobjects.com/campaigns/forms/downloads/crystal/eclipse/datasave.asp

and see how that works out for you.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, i will give this a try. I tried to open the link you provided me with but it didnt open the download page. Could you please provide me with the latest CR download link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donwloaded the latest library files and when I now try to open the report I get the following error message -

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException

: rowIndex---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That to me sounds like you did not update the Jar files to the version of CR yo udonwloaded(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I did correct the jar files and that error message is no longer there. But the DB account is still getting locked like before

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. So let's now go back to square one. The following will need to be defined a bit more:

Some of the crystal reports are locking out the DB account while trying to render the report and its occuring randomly.

If it is some of the reports, what is the difference? Look at the tables / SPs the reports use. Subreport differences?

Define randomly. E.g.; do some reports work consistently, some cause lock at random times?

How is the lock exhibited? Errors? Behavior?

- Ludek

Answers (0)