cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create a workschedule where I need the day type and holiday class as 1 for all days of the month.

I am able to get the day type as 1 for all days of the month/year in the workschedule thus generated (screenshot attached). This I can achieve by creating a day type rule 1111111111 (i.e. for any holiday class, day type remains 1 or off/paid) and using it in the workschedule rule.

However, to achieve the latter part i.e. holiday class as 1 for all days of a month/year,  all I can think of, is to create a holiday calendar with 365 days of holidays. This I am pretty much hesitant to do.

So please advise, how can I get the holiday class as 1 (in the generated workschedule) for all days of the month/year through configuration.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shruti & Harish.

Both suggestions look viable.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way to get a Holiday class =1 is to define every single day as a Holiday with Holiday Class 1

Why are you reluctant to do this, when you appear to have this strange requirement in the first place?

If you do not wnat to configure something like this, Then you can use a user exit, in the Work Schedule generation to simply populate HC = 1 on every single day in T552A.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement - We have to pay an employee for the holidays according to project calendar.

Problem - However, there are many projects and creating separate calendar for each project and tagging the employee to their respective calendar is a huge task.

Solution - Hence we have created a work schedule and for each holiday given to a particular employee, IT2003 is uploaded with this work schedule rule. While generating the work schedule, we enter 1 for day type and 1 for the holiday class to, such that whatever the date is, if IT2003 is present, the employee gets paid for that as a holiday.

Now the main problem is that we have to put 1 in the day type and holiday class fields manually during work schedule generation.

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradhumn

In a project that I had worked on earlier, we had somewhat similar scenario. The solution is to substitute the particular day with a WSR which has a holiday on that day. To make this easier what we had done was that we configured a holiday calendar which had all days as public holidays in it. Once the WSR is generated with this calendar then it can easily be used for substitution through IT2003.

I understand that creating the calendar with 365 days as PH can be a tedious task but thats a one time activity which will take a couple of hours to complete. However, it will make the substitutions much easier as you can use the upload program without worries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Thanks for the reply.

I was just hoping to get some help elsewhere before succumbing to this idea of creating a holiday calendar with 365 days as public holiday. In this case, we will have to maintain the calendar year on year.

Isn't there a way out for this issue?

I think this is a very standard requirement where there could be a provision of different holidays for each individual depending on various factors (such as project, location, shift etc).

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradhumn

Why do you think you will have to maintain the calendar year on year? This is going to be only a one time activity.

When the public holiday is created it is not made only for a particular year. Instead we specify only the date and the month in the PH. Once you are done creating all the public holidays just add these to the calendar and keep the calendar valid upto 9999 and you are done for all the years from the calendar perspective. The WSR also you can generate for next 20-25 years and you are all set then with no further maintenance.

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WIth the user exit I hinted at, you could populate a single workschedule rule for everyday with HC 1, explore it This will happen automatically when generating the Work Schedule Rule - explore it/