SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message check for parked Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Funds Management I have a scenario in which budget check is activated for parked documents.

When documents are parked with values less than the budget, information/ warning message is to be raised.

I could see that the standard functionality is not providing the error message when the amount exceeds the budget

while parking the document. However the system is not allowing to park the document.

Is there any way in which there is error message while parking the document when budget is exceeded.

Regards,

Karthik

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid your message is completely confused.

When documents are parked with values less than the budget, information/ warning message is to be raised.

Less? Why would you need a message if document value is less than the budget?

I could see that the standard functionality is not providing the error message when the amount exceeds the budget while parking the document. However the system is not allowing to park the document.

So, is the parking allowed or not?

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Please, keep in mind that parked document is considered for PSM-FM, only when it is completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

1) Users wanted to know at what point in time certain percentage of the set budget is consumed (80% or 90% or any other value) so that they can analyse and get the necessary approval for increasing or transferring the budget

2) Yes, the parking is not allowed since the budget is exceeded, but the system is not showing error message. It throws up a information message and when oked it goes back to the same screen.

I was actually expecting an error message

Regards,

Karthik

P.S : Aware of the fact that FM document gets generated only for cases with "Save as Complete"

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) That is normally achieved by the reporting, but you can build tolerance profiles on 80% and 90% levels if you like and manage it through AVC tolerance profile strategy

2) This is system design

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First point is fairly straight forward.

For the second, is there any option to control the message through Function module or BAPI.

Raised SAP Note and nothing useful turned out.

Regards,

Karthik

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't think so. But, why is it essential?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally shouldn't it throw an error message when budget exceeds, when parked documents are also considered for budget check.

This is a specific requirement from the client to control the message when budget exceeds at the time of parking