cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAP Transaction from WDA in the same window

0 Kudos

Hi, i refer to:

I am using TABs and want show one of the reports within a TAB and I do not want it to open in new window.

How to show it in the same window?

Thanks!

Jo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a EXIT plug declared in the window for that purpose.

Thanjks

Phani

0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I called the exit plug from my 2nd view which is embeded in the 2nd TAB.

Unfortunately the call of exit plug replaces not only the 2nd TAB, but whole window.

This is more worse than before, because now user do not see the application. I need the "new window" inside my second tab. How can I embed it to my 2nd view in the 2nd TAB?

Thanks!

Jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try the same with ViewContainer UI Element?

0 Kudos

Unfortunately I have only the url for construction of the new view. Nothing else:

lo_window         = lo_window_manager->create_external_window(

url = 'http://ersbxdb0.gene.com:8040/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=*hupast'

).

(see )

And the constructor of VCU does not contain parameter url. Hence, how can I use VCU to build a view with this url in it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josip,

I could acomplish what you wanted in the below way.

First i took a link to URL fields and an Iframe in my view , Then i built the URL and passed it in to a Attribute of type string and asisgne that attribute to the IFrame source .

So when we click on the Link to URL then it will open the Tcode in the Iframe with out any issue .

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Phani

0 Kudos

Pani and Alonso, It works well with iFrame!

Now i have my "new external window" in one of my TabStrip Items. Very nice!

Thanks a lot!

rub_alfonso
Explorer
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rub_alfonso
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Josip,

Take a look into this.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1503767

You have the same scenario, don´t you ?. Show URL in a view sounds similar to show in a TAB.  

Some gurus talk about IFRAME but I haven´t tested yet.

Regards !!

0 Kudos

Hi, that's the same problem. I will try to do it with obsolete element iFrame and tell you, if it works or not.

Thanks!

maryshchak_conti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Josip,

If you run the test WDA "wdr_test_window_open_window", you have the same problem?

Regards

Serge M

0 Kudos

Hi, I have used this WDA. It opens my url. But that was not the problem:

I can open my url with the above described

- create_external_window  and

- EXIT Plug.

This works well. The problem is, I do not want new window. I have TABs and want the "new Window" as a view in one of my TABs. But I have only an URL. Hence I do not know how to call the the described

WDA

within my view. Your wdr_test_window_open_window needs URL. And open it in new window and

- create_external_window

do the same.

And EXIT Plug opens the WDA in same window, but old Framework with Menubar and TABs disappear and only new WDA

is shown.

Thanks for hints

maryshchak_conti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is a problem with your browser. If I call the same WDA "wdr_test_window_open_window", I have new TABs (not new window). Try to check tabbed browsing settings. 

I hope that that may be helpful to you.

Regards

Serge M