cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment wizard bank file folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, we are using SBO9.0 payment wizard.  In step 2 we already define the bank file path but it seems no matter where we specify the file is always saved under the temp folder. How can I really specify the location to save the bank file?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

steve_smith10
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Does anyone know the registry location now that the Payment Engine addon is no longer required?

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have been checking a bit more the case of the folder :

The Information that is relevant is what it says in Help file of the add-on:

'

1. Using the
    Automatic Payment Program)

‘In Select
Path
, define a folder in which to save your bank files. The path is stored
for each client and is used as a default path. In each case, the last path that you define in the Select Path field
is stored’

So, tracing back, it seems that there could be underlying issue of authorisations:

4. Find the registry: regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAP

Manage\SAP Business One\AddOn\Payment

5. Make the registry accessible

for the specific group of users or change the path manually in the registry:

- Right-mouse click on "Payment" -> Permissions -> select the

specific user group and set permissions to "Full Control"

- or on the right

side find the registry "BPOutputPath" -> Modify -> Change Value Data from

"C:\Temp\" to the specific path you want to use

This change only affects the machine.

Jose

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Alan

My reply will probably disappoint you

This functionality (the generation of bank file) is not directly dependant of the core application SAP Business One Payment wizard but is dependant of the SAP Business One Add-on Payment Engine.

This add-on, doesn't have any specific field of settings for defaults for anything, or like in this case for the default location for bank files.

The behaviour of the add-on, has not been so constant on that respect.

As I recall, in past versions (2007?), the add-on kind of remembered what had been the latest location set, and suggested that very same location in the following execution.

From my tests, in latest version 9.1 in patch 04, it doesn't remember latest run location and offers the one that by default always exists in every machine , which is the Temp.

In my personal opinion, none of these behaviours are the best, and here is a valid topic to request further development of the product.

Ultimate solution would be having this function of generating bank file, being integrated in SAP Business One core, and have the related field for the defaults either in payment wizard or in the general settings.

Interim solution, would be enabling some kind of user defined field or table for the add-on where user could set the default path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Thanks for your reply. It's alright to not have a default of the folder but what I am saying is that SBO won't save the bank files to the folder that I specified in "Step 2" but instead always save in the C:\temp folder.  I know I am asking too much for the default but I'd assume it should save to the location that the add-on asks for?

Thanks in advance.

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi , I had a more detailed check of your case:

Comparing what  the documentation says and what the functionality does:

1)Regarding what is the actual use of the selection box of the step2 of Payment wizard:

In help file says that you can define there a path folder: but  from my test, what it looks is that it suggests the creation of a file, not a folder, plus nothing I created

I could check that the data was stored in table OPEX. but ignore the porpoise, as it doesn't seem to have any actual use.

2)Checking in the most specific documentation for the Payment Engine Add-on, there is something said: Related to the Payment engine window that opens when you press button 'bank file'

'

In Select Path, define a

folder in which to save your bank files. The path is stored for each client and

is used as a default path. In each case, the last path that you define in the Select Path field is stored'

Well to this I have done a test in 9.1 patch 05, and I would understand that the last one used, should be stored for the next time that from same SAP Business One client bank file is generated. Or may be stored in the table OPEX, for reference to be checked .

But it doesn't happen.

I suggest that you should create an incident to investigate why , as it could be application error or is this a change of behaviour that someway was not updated in the documentation

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will go ahead to issue a ticket to SAP for such case.  It's kind of surprise to me that in Europe most companies are issuing payments in electronic format and the payment add-on seems a bit, oh well, how should I say, I bit out of touch with the SBO core.

john_obrien7
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose!

This is from the SAP Payment Engine help file launched from SAP B1 v9.0 pl07

"In Select Path, define a folder in which to save your bank files. The path is stored for each client and is used as a default path. In each case, the last path that you define in the Select Path field is stored."

It doesn't seem to remember this path for me.

I'm unable to locate where this could be stored.

Is there an XML file somewhere or is it in the database.

Or maybe even a registry key?

Actually, I see that there is a registry key and it does contain the value I originally set, however this doesnt get used for my next payment run.

Would be really good if I could avoid having to set the path each time.

Also, would be good if the file that is generated could have the name of payment run rather than the format name eg SAPBPAUOPBT_BECS.txt

Thanks,

John