cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables Vs. Attribute Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to create an analytical view which has to be linked to 10 different dimensional tables. My question is should I use the dimensional tables directly or should I create attribute views for each dimension and then use them in the view. Do we have any performance gain in choosing one over another?

Thanks.

Purnima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Purnima Sharma

We can use 10 dimension tables directly in analytic view or we can use attribute views directly in analytic view. The analytic view supports both master data(i.e.,dimension data) and as well as transaction data.

Generally an, Analytic views are the multidimensional views or OLAP cubes using analytic view you analyze values from a single fact table that is based on the related attributes from the data foundation and attribute views.

Attribute view also support 10 dimension tables directly.

Regards

khaga

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Purnima,

Joins in the Attribute is executed in the OLAP engine of the HANA database. In order to make attibute reusual with other Analytical view you should keep them independent. You should join them at the logical view.

Hope this should help!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am aware of that, however, my question is does it matter (as far as performance is concerned) whether to use attribute view or dimensional tables in an analytical view since both can be used.

Thanks.

Purnima

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Purnima,

Using attribute view will be help you in an clean approach and will be more performance effective.

Hope this further clarifiies.