cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-3PL WMS integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a 3PL  WMS interface with SAP IM.

Once goods are shipped from warehosue to customer, WMS system will send message to SAP and goods issue will be posted agaisnt SAP outbound delivery.

We plan to use standard IDOC type SHPMNT06 for this purpose to post goods issue.

2 Queries regarding this.

1) in SAP, we have custom movment type for goods issue. So what we need to do so that IDOC posts goods movement with Custom movement type instead of standard 601.

2) In case, 3PL WMS reverses goods issue for delivery, what we need to do to replicate same in  SAP( i.e. how to run VL09 in SAP)?

Can we use same IDOC type and use reversal movment type ?

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is always advisable to use standard SAP movement type as there are lot of technical coding behind that. in my opinion you can go for the same IDoc type with reversal movement type but i personally never tested that as in my implementation we mostly initiated this task in SAP and then it gets replicated into 3PL system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Are you doing PGI at shipment level or Delivery Level ? I think .. you can use standard SAP IDoc type though posting is done with custom movment type because while posting posting goods issue with IDoc there is no need to supply movement type as an input.

I suppose reversal can be done with respect to the same Idoc type with different qualifier value (    

ELEDL18- QUALF if it is DELVRY07 IDoc Type)

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pasunuri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks for your input and it was very helpful.

PGI will be against Delivery. We dont use shipments.

So can we use SHPMNT06 as an IDOC type for this.

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

SHPMNT06 is used where PGI is done with respect to shipment document. DELIVRY07 IDoc Type  & SHPCON Message Type is generally used for PGI with respect to Delivery Document.

Regards,

Srikanth P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is possible to trigger the custom movement type in place of 601. Did you already mapped your customer movement type to PGI? If yes, please create a variant using program RV56ABST. Choose 'Carry out goods issue posting during save' in the tab 'Post goods issue for deliveries of shipment'.

Theoretically there is another way to do it using SHPMNT06, which i have not tried yet. In E1EDL18 segment you have to choose qualifier PIC and another E1EDL18 segment with qualifier PGI (within segment E1EDL20). Also please choose qualifier QUA in segment E1EDL19 (withing segment E1EDL24). I tired it at delivery level using DELVRY07 and it worked. Try it with inbound function module IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT.

All the best!

BR

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

In addition to my previous question, I havefurther query.

In our SAP system Inbound  is generated against PO.  After Inbound delivery is created, We Trigger EDI Output type for Inbound delivery and send this Inbound Delivery information to 3PL Warehouse via IDOC DESADV-Delivry07.

So now incase Inbound delivery fields are chnaged in SAP , how should we send this info to 3PL? What is best pracitce to send change message?

Also If inbound delivery is deleted, how this message is communicated to WMS?

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

For Delivery Change, you need to maintain another entry in WE20 for the same process code with change indicator.

In case of deletion, it is difficult to manage with standard settings (As per my knowledge) so you should have some user exit code which would trigger at the time of deletion & sends required information to 3PL via IDoc.

Regards,

Srikanth P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Generally Delivery change interface used for ERP-3PL integration. When 3PL sends confirmation those value will be overwritten in Delivery document before PGI.

As per my knowledge Best Practice is 3PL should send exact delivery quantity information while sending confirmation, other information in IDoc which will overwrite data in delivery document. Deletion of delivery lines also possible while processing confirmation idocs.

If you have any requirement to set up interface message for Delivery deletion or changes, then please create new routine to trigger EDI Output. It is very complex to get deleted delivery information from SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth Pasunuri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I would like to rephrase my question.

We have  inbound delivery created in SAP against Purcashe order.

So when inbound delivery is, we also transmit this info to 3PL using DESADV /Delry07 IDOC.

Later onSAP business users might make some changes in exiting IBD or delete IBD. So we want to send this change or deletion to 3PL.

How is this communicate usually? especially deletion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is possible to trigger the custom movement type in place of 601. Did you already mapped your customer movement type to PGI? If yes, please create a variant using program RV56ABST. Choose 'Carry out goods issue posting during save' in the tab 'Post goods issue for deliveries of shipment'.

Theoretically there is another way to do it using SHPMNT06, which i have not tried yet. In E1EDL18 segment you have to choose qualifier PIC and another E1EDL18 segment with qualifier PGI (within segment E1EDL20). Also please choose qualifier QUA in segment E1EDL19 (withing segment E1EDL24). I tired it at delivery level using DELVRY07 and it worked. Try it with inbound function module IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT.

All the best!

BR

Karthik