Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04 and SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 compatibility

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you may already know SAP has released SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04. For me the most important question was - is it finally compatible with SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 version.

Following my previous discussion about the fact that SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 is not compatible with SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 (http://scn.sap.com/thread/3619164) I have installed and tested SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04 as soon as it appeared in the SAP Services Marketplace and configured it to work with SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 database.

Here are my observations.

SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04 now officially supports SAP IQ 16.0 SP08 (see SAP PAM).

SAP Data Services 4.2 SP04 now correctly prepares Bulk Load statement without involving Block size parameter although Block size (bytes) option in SAP Data Services Target Table properties window is still filled in with default value and is uneditable.

What should be fixed and improved.

Binary Bulk Load is still not working. Previously in SAP Data Services 4.2 SP03 the error log was filled with non-descriptive text messages in the case of Binary Bulk Load error. Now the error message is a little bit more descriptive and very interesting - This error occurred in Sybase IQ bulk loader for column. The native type of this column is unknown.

Template table feature using SAP IQ database is working incorrectly. It can correctly create a table in SAP IQ database but during another subsequent data loads it doesn't re-create a Template table.

Do you have more thoughts and observations about SAP Data Services and SAP IQ compatibility?

Best regards,

Donatas Budrys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas,

I am also testing DS 4.2SP4 with IQ 16 SP08. I got the same error with yours when the collation of IQ database is utf8. When I tried to binary bulk load to IQ servers with iso-bineng and 1254TRKALT charsets, I didn't get any error. So, I want to ask what is collation of your IQ database? Could you find out any workaround?

Thanks and regards,

Bulut

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Bulut,

Thank you for your reply and comments.

My SAP IQ collation is 1257LIT. Actually I still didn't find a workaround for Binary BulkLoad. I am just using ASCII BulkLoad option (when Binary Load is unchecked).

Best regards,

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donatas,

I found out an interesting workaround to the error we got in DS 4.2SP04. As you may know, case sensitivity in IQ server is just for data. I mean user, table or other object names are case insensitive. For example, you can login into IQ with both 'dba' and 'DBA' users and both of them are same user. However, in DS this causes some problems. If you write the user name as it stays in SYS.SYSUSER in data store you created in DS, you can work with temporary tables without any problem. But if you write the user name with upper or lower case, which is different from SYS.SYSUSER table, then you get error for temporary tables. For example, dba user stays in SYS.SYSUSER as 'DBA'. So, when I create data store by writing 'dba' as login name, I get error. But when I write 'DBA' as login name, all temporary tables works correctly.

Would you plesae check this workaround correct your problem?

Regards,

Bulut

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Bulut,

Thank you for your response.

I have checked your solution using username which is written both in SYS.SYSUSER and DataStore in uppercase but unfortunately the problem still exists.

Best regards,

Donatas