cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass language translation of BI Objects via Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Experts,

is there a way to do mass language translation of BI Objects via Excel upload?

I have gone through the "how to" document in the link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a65c3a-2ad5-2910-a4be-88412392c... but this part is not covered in there.

i am looking for a way where I can upload the translation texts in source and the target language via excel and process it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge the standard translation functionality does not support any upload functionality.

I suggest to evaluate if LSMW can be helpful. Here you can record a particular transaction using batch input (e.g. RSD1), specify an input file, map source and target fields, etc. In the end you can create and process a batch input map.

I use LSMW quite often and I think it's a great tool. Please try it.

Best regards,
Sander

shai_greenberg
Participant
0 Kudos

I must admit I've never used the method in the document, although it is interesting (thanks for sharing BTW).

What I would normally do is to log on to BW in the destination language and change the description of the objects there.

I recently had a requirement to change description for multiple objects. I used the "script recording & playback" functionality to automate this from an excel spreadsheet. Here's what looks to be a recent guide on how to do this: