SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Budgted item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ECC6, EHp4, and implementing funds mangement only budgeting part. Now I want to exclude GL where account assignment is WBS or network. For this I made a derivation rule and mentioned the project start numbers and in commitment item, I have selected the commitment item created for non budget item.

My question is, is there any other setting I need to do in configuration, so that system wont ask for budgets for these items?

Please advise

Regards,

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The created dummy commitment item (Non budgeted) and assign to a particular project and maintain the same in FMDERIVE derivation rule.

Apart from the above settings no need to do any configuration.

Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The created dummy commitment item (Non budgeted) and assign to a particular project and maintain the same in FMDERIVE derivation rule.

Apart from the above settings no need to do any configuration.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks.

I have creted the rule for projects in fm derivation rule and assign this dummy commitment item to these projects.

Normal parameters are : Financial Transaction 30 and Commit Item category 3, for dummy one I have given 40 and 3 is it ok?

Secondly can you also advise, logic applied by system, when it checks the dummy cmmitment item and allos to post despite budget?

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be 50/1 and not 40/3. you second question is not clear.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right the dummy commitment item should have the categories 40 and 3 only.

If you maintain the dummy commitment item with with project combination, without budget system will allow you to post the document, system wont check the budget in this combination.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

40/3 is a combination reserved for GR/IR processing: it is not advised to use this combination for other means. Dummy CI, in this case, would be better defined with 50/1. Also, one should make this definitions carefully, as in certain cases skipping AVC and having dummy are not the same thing. With definition of dummy CI, there will be no FM document, which might have an indirect impact on FM data flow.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ignore the above commitment item category, for dummy commitment item it should be 50/1, or in our previous project we used 50/3. It also works.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

50/3 is also OK

0 Kudos

Thanks for valuable information Ravi and Eli.

As advised by Eli, there is a difference in skipping the AVC and dummy commitment item. I have mentioned "Dummy" commitment items for following scenarios, can you please go through and advise, is it correct to maintain "Dummy" CI or should I go for skipping AVC?

1. Monthly Provision Entries

2. Movement Type 561, 562,

3. Sales Business Transaction, as we are maintaining the budgets for revenue as well

4. WBS related transactions which are of capex nature

I think, at least for first 3 I need to go for skipping AVC rather than dummy CI..

Can you also advise, if I need to skip the AVD, how do I configure?

Thanks a million for your help.....

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

That should not be your driver. It is more matter of FM flow: would defining a dummy commitment obstruct some of the processes or not. If you have no FM payment transfer linked to these actions, then dummy commitment item is OK.

For revenue part, though, it is more wise to play with AVC tolerance profiles. Define a tolerance profile, which does not generate error message. Then, define a strategy to derive this profile based on the nature of commitment item: if it is '2' (revenues), then this profile will be derived.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

But in case of Provision Entires if I create Dummy CI , then no documents will be generated and I wll not get any data related to the provisions in FM tables? Is it correct?  But I need provison data as well as revenue data from FM tables so that I can get complete expenses and revenues from one source with budgets. So, will it be more appropriate to go for skipping AVC rather than Dummy CI?

Please advise

Shailesh

0 Kudos

If you want to have the data in FM reporting, then define commitment item as 30/3, but with 'statistical' flag to avoid budget check (though, in reporting it will be shown in a separate view).

Alternatively, define 'normal commitment items and derive 'all allowed' tolerance profile based on these commitment items.

0 Kudos

OK,

But in case of provision entires, I have made a different docuement type and dervie Dummy CI in derviation rule. Will this configuation, update the provision entires in FM? For revenue I will create separte tolerance profiel as you advised above.

Regards,

Shailesh

0 Kudos

If you define dummy as '50', then - no - you won't see it in FM reports. To see it in FM reports, either define it as statistical or use again tolerance profile solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please guide on the Derivation of tolerance profile, I have created the tolerance profiel for revenue. I am not able to derive this profile, how should I define the rule?  can you pl help.?.

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

You have to go to 'Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles' in SPRO; there you can define your derivation rules. For example, the one of revenues, could be based on POTYP = 2 (commitment item category = revenues). You can find more info on tolerance profiles on help.sap.com or on SCN.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created new tolerance profile from option "Availability Control"> Edit Tolerance Profiles" and created another one..is it correct? Can you please advice?

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

You have to create derivation strategy for these profiles and assign it to your AVC ledgers.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

while posting test invoice vide tcode FB70, system is asking for the commitment item for customer reconciliation account as well.

Do I have to create the commitment items for all the GLs Balance sheet & P/L. I have created the commitment items for expenses and revenues...

Regards

Shailesh Joshi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have to create commitment item for all B/S accounts also. Once you activate FM, system need commitment item for every GL.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

0 Kudos

Yes. EVERY posting has to be assigned with commitment item and fund centre (at least).

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to activate "Release" function for the budget. When I tried to configure that in:

"Budget Releases" node in spro, in this node, there is also an opton as "Define Budget Types for releases" My question is , is this "Budget Type is different from the one which we have to define under:

Definition of Budget Data>Budget Types>Assign Budget Types to Processes (Mass Maintenance)

Or it is dfferent?

Can you please guide and remove my confusion, I am totally confused.........

What I need is, whenever budget is uploaded by suppose person "A",  then person "B" should release the budget and make it available to the uses for consumtpion.

Regards

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Please, don't mix several issues in one thread.

0 Kudos

Ok.. sorry for that... Will open another thread....

Shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can also create derivation rule on WBS element when in document WBS number exist then system will not check FM data you can create as such rule.