cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impairment process don´t clear end year valuation for securities

0 Kudos

We are trying to record an impairment process with key date 31.12.2014, there is an end-year valuation from 31.12.2013 that the impairment execution should clear, but don´t do it.

The position management procedure change, because class of product is diferent in both images, but i have checkt it and I could not find any signiticant differences between both.

Which parameter control if the end-year valuation is clear when you record an impairment?

End-year valuation 2013

Impairment ok for shares. It is an example

Impairment in 2014 for investment funds without clear end year valuation 2013. This is the real case

Thanks in advance.

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

Can you Check your impairment procedure in SPRO>FSCM>TRM>General settings> Accounting> Settings for Position Management>Key Date Valuation>Determine Impairment Procedure

Check here if reset valuation is ticked.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I really appreciate your help. But I don´t have that option in my impairment procedure. It cloud be my sap versión, or a sap note?

Thanks a lot

Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAlvador,

I think it might be because the SAP version. I am on Ehp7 and i get more options like reset security valuation and other options. However check note 1389281 . Not sure if that helps you. If it doesn't you could raise an OSS message.

regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Thanks again, I have read the note and it is related with the case, but my doubt is,

Do you think that if we select the option "reset realized security valuation", the impairment process will clear the year end valuation of the previos year? So, I can create the impairment for the past year valuation amount plus the present year valuation affecting both the the profit/loss.

Note that this valuation it was done with TPM1, it is a valuation that don´t permit cancelling, and not affecting profit/loss.

Salvador

0 Kudos

Hi again NIkhil,

I understand that you are in EHP7 for your SAP ECC 6.0, but I would like to know, which EA-FINSERV release do you have?

I will upgrade from EA-FINSERV 600.

Thanks

Answers (0)